To ensure the safety of all attendees, proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required for registrants attending the 2021 ASH Annual Meeting in person in Atlanta, Georgia. We encourage you to visit our ASH Annual Meeting Health and Safety Protocols page to stay abreast of the latest updates.
Welcome to Atlanta!
Featured as part of Conde Naste’s 2021 Hot List of “where to travel next,” there is so much to experience in Atlanta. the hardest part of planning a trip to “The City in the Forest” is deciding what to do, where to go, and what to see. Start planning your trip!
You are sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire in Atlanta, including:
- A variety of attractions within walking distance of the convention center including The Georgia Aquarium: the largest aquarium in the western hemisphere, the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, and the World of Coca-Cola.
- The BeltLine, 33 miles of multi-use trails and 2,000 acres of parks.
- A vibrant foodie scene with something for everyone from food halls to celebrity chefs and everything in between.
Sessions will occur at the Georgia World Congress Center.
Key meeting areas at the Georgia World Congress Center will be located as follows:
- Registration: Hall C4/BC Hall
- ASH Central: Hall C4/BC Hall
- General Sessions: Halls C2-C3
- Exhibit Hall: Halls B1-B4
- Poster Hall: Hall B5
December in Atlanta is cold, but mild. Temperatures in December typically range from 37 degrees Fahrenheit to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air Travel and Discounts
Global Travel Associates is the official travel agency for the 2021 ASH Annual Meeting in Atlanta. Attendee reservations will be e-ticketed, and each attendee will receive an emailed invoice and e-ticket receipt. (A service fee is assessed for reservations/ticketing.)
Global Travel Associates
Agents are available for reservations from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
United Airlines, Delta Airlines, and American Airlines, in cooperation with ASH and Global Travel Associates offer special airfare rates for 2021 ASH annual meeting attendees, reflecting discounts of up to 10 percent off published fares. To receive these special fares, you must reference the special offer codes below when making reservations.
Global Travel Associates will compare the discounts offered by United and Delta with other airlines to provide the best fare options based on individual travel needs.
You may also book your travel with United, Delta, or American directly using one of the options below.
American Airlines Special Rate
Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
A82D1BJ (if booking by phone)
American assesses a service fee for phone reservations/ticketing
Delta Airlines Special Rate Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
NMUPQ (if booking by phone or online)
Delta assesses a service fee for phone reservations/ticketing.
United Airlines Special Rate Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
United assesses a service fee for phone reservations/ticketing.
MARTA is Atlanta’s public transit rail system connecting passengers from the airport to downtown Atlanta and beyond. To plan your journey and obtain the latest fare information, visit https://www.itsmarta.com/.
Atlanta’s newest mode of transportation is the Atlanta Streetcar. The Streetcar runs a 2.7 mile loop, making 12 stops connecting Centennial Olympic Park with Martin Luther King Jr. Historical Park and nearby neighborhoods east of Downtown. For more information, visit https://www.itsmarta.com/streetcar.aspx.
A taxi ride from the airport to the convention center area is a flat fee of $30, with taxis in general costing about $2 per mile.
On-site parking for private vehicles is available at several lots within walking distance of the Georgia World Congress Center The preferred parking option is the Red Deck at 103 Mangum Street where parking rates vary by event but begin at $15 per day with no in and out privileges.
For detailed parking information, visit https://www.gwcca.org/getting-here.
ASH will provide complimentary shuttle service between most hotels in the ASH housing block and the Georgia World Congress Center. Shuttles will run during the hours listed below. Service frequency will vary throughout the day. Look for detailed shuttle bus schedules in your hotel lobby.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
|Friday, December 10||6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 11||6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 12||6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Monday, December 13||6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 14||6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
Service will not be provided for the following hotels as they are within walking distance of the convention center:
- Embassy Suites Atlanta at Centennial Olympic Park
- Glenn Hotel Autograph Collection
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Downtown
- Hyatt House Atlanta/Downtown
- Hyatt Place Atlanta/Centennial Park
- Omni Hotel at CNN Center
- Reverb by Hard Rock Atlanta
- SpringHill Suites Atlanta Downtown
To stay safe during your visit to Atlanta, please follow the tips provided below:
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.