Welcome to New Orleans!
There is so much to experience in New Orleans. The hardest part of planning a trip to “The Crescent City” is deciding what to do, where to go, and what to see. Start planning your trip!
You are sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire in New Orleans, including The French Quarter, one of New Orleans’ most historic neighborhoods full of modern boutiques, historic restaurants, and a reimagined French Market. The city also boasts hundreds of restaurants and live music venues as well as beautiful historic neighborhoods and architecture to explore and enjoy.
Sessions will occur at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Key meeting areas at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center will be located as follows:
- Registration: Great Hall Foyer
- ASH Central: Hall F
- General Sessions: Hall E
- Exhibit Hall: Halls G-J
- Poster Hall: Hall D and Half of Hall C
December in New Orleans is cold, but mild. Temperatures in December typically range from 46 degrees Fahrenheit to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
Air Travel and Discounts
Global Travel Associates is the official travel agency for the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA. Attendee reservations will be e-ticketed, and each attendee will receive an emailed invoice and e-ticket receipt. (A service fee is assessed for reservations/ticketing.)
Global Travel Associates
Email: [email protected]
Agents are available for reservations from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
United Airlines, Delta Airlines, and American Airlines, in cooperation with ASH and Global Travel Associates offer special airfare rates for 2022 ASH Annual Meeting and Exhibition attendees, reflecting discounts of up to 10 percent off published fares. To receive these special fares, you must reference the special offer codes below when making reservations.
Global Travel Associates will compare the discounts offered by United, Delta, and American Airlines with other airlines to provide the best fare options based on individual travel needs.
You may also book your travel with United, Delta, or American directly using one of the options below.
American Airlines Special Rate
Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
A51D2BU (if booking by phone)
A service fee is assessed by American for phone reservations/ticketing.
Delta Airlines Special Rate Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
(if booking by phone or online)
A service fee is assessed by Delta for phone reservations/ticketing.
United Airlines Special Rate Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
A service fee is assessed by United for phone reservations/ticketing.
RTA is New Orleans’ public transit bus system connecting passengers from the airport to downtown New Orleans and beyond. To plan your journey and obtain the latest fare information, visit https://norta.com/.
A taxi ride from the airport to the central business district or French Quarter is a flat fee of $36.
On-site parking for private vehicles is available at several lots within walking distance of the convention center.
For detailed parking information, visit https://mccno.com/visitors/getting-here/.
ASH will provide complimentary shuttle service between most hotels in the ASH housing block and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Shuttles will run during the hours listed below. Service frequency will vary throughout the day. Look for detailed shuttle bus schedules in your hotel lobby.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
|Friday, December 9||6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 10||6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 11||6:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|Monday, December 12||6:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 13||6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
Service will not be provided for the following hotels as they are within walking distance of the convention center:
- Cambria New Orleans Downtown Warehouse District
- Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Convention Center
- Embassy Suites New Orleans Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center
- The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn New Orleans Convention Center
- Hyatt Place New Orleans/Convention Center
- Marriott New Orleans Warehouse Arts District
- The Mercantile Hotel New Orleans
- Omni Riverfront
- Renaissance New Orleans Arts Warehouse District
- Sonesta ES Suites New Orleans Convention Center
- Spring Hill Suites New Orleans Convention Center
To stay safe during your visit to New Orleans, please follow the tips provided below:
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.