Sessions will occur at the San Diego Convention Center, Marriott Marquis San Diego Hotel and Marina, and the Manchester Grand Hyatt. Key meeting areas are located as follows:
- San Diego Convention Center, Ballroom 20 Foyer
- Manchester Grand Hyatt Main Lobby
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Hotel and Marina Main Lobby
- San Diego International Airport Arrivals (Terminal 1, Terminal 2, and International Arrivals)
- ASH Central: San Diego Convention Center, Sails Pavilion
- General Sessions: San Diego Convention Center, Halls A-B1
- Exhibit Hall: San Diego Convention Center, Halls B2-F
- Poster Hall: San Diego Convention Center, Halls G-H
Air Travel and Discounts
Global Travel Associates (GTA) is the official travel agency for the 2023 ASH Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. Reservations are e-ticketed and each attendee receives an emailed invoice and e-ticket receipt. A service fee is added for a ticketed reservation.
United Airlines* and Delta Airlines**, in cooperation with ASH and Global Travel Associates, offer special airfare rates for 2023 ASH Annual Meeting and Exhibition attendees, reflecting discounts of up to 10 percent off published fares. To receive these special fares, you must reference the special offer codes below when making reservations. Global Travel Associates will compare the discounts offered by United Airlines and American Airlines with other airlines to provide the best fare options based on individual travel needs.
To book through Global Travel Associates and take advantage of these special air fares, please call (703) 665-3390 or email [email protected]. Agents are available for reservations from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
You may also book your travel with United or Delta directly using one of the options below.
United Airlines* Special Rate
Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
A service fee is assessed by United for phone reservations/ticketing.
Delta Airlines** Special Rate Booking Instructions & Offer Code:
A service fee is assessed by Delta for phone reservations/ticketing.
*United Airlines – includes Air Canada, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss, and United codeshare flights operated by All Nippon Airways or Air New Zealand.
**Delta Airlines – includes Delta codeshare flights operated by Air France or KLM
The San Diego Metropolitan Transit Service has 62 Trolley stations, almost 100 fixed bus routes, and MTS Access services, to help get you anywhere you need to go. Visit https://www.sdmts.com/transit-services for detailed information and trip planners.
A taxi ride from the airport to the convention center costs roughly $20 with taxis in general costing about $3.30 per mile.
On-site parking for private vehicles is available in a 1,950-vehicle underground parking garage that is owned by the Port of San Diego and managed by ACE Parking. You can enter the parking garage on Harbor Drive. There are no in and out privileges and overnight parking is not allowed. Parking rates vary based on event activity. Off-site parking is also available at numerous parking lots and garages in downtown San Diego, many of which are within walking distance of the convention center.
For detailed parking information, visit https://www.visitsandiego.com/parking.
ASH will provide complimentary shuttle service between most hotels in the ASH housing block and the San Diego Convention Center. Shuttles will run during the hours listed below. Service frequency will vary throughout the day. Look for detailed shuttle bus schedules in your hotel lobby.
Shuttle Bus Schedule (All times listed reflect pacific time zone)
|Friday, December 8
|6:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
|Saturday, December 9
|6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
|Sunday, December 10
|6:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
|Monday, December 11
|6:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
|Tuesday, December 12
|6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Service will not be provided for the following hotels as they are within walking distance of the convention center:
- Courtyard San Diego Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Embassy Suites San Diego Bay Downtown
- Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Hotel Indigo San Diego
- Hotel Z
- Lyric at Park 12
- Manchester Grand Hyatt
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Hotel and Marina
- Marriott San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Omni San Diego
- Pendry San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp/Convention Center
- Solamar San Diego
To stay safe during your visit to San Diego, please follow the tips provided below:
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.
- Never hand your phone to anyone that you don’t know for any reason including providing a ride-share driver with directions or asking someone to take your photo.
December in San Diego is cool and mild. Temperatures in December typically range from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to 66 degrees Fahrenheit.