Registration and Housing Fraud Alert
Please note that SPARGO, Inc. is the only official housing provider for the 65th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition. Each year, ASH is made aware of "pirate" registration and housing companies and travel agencies that aggressively pursue attendees to register them for the meeting and book their guest rooms at supposedly significant discounts. Do not be misled by companies that solicit you via email or over the phone and misrepresent themselves as ASH's official registration and housing provider. ASH is aware of fraudulent websites operating under the URLs “ASH23(dot)org” and “2023ASH(dot)org,” but there may be others. ASH has NO affiliation with these organizations and does not endorse their services.
Registration for the 65th ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition is only accessible by signing into your ASH account. Room pirating is a practice carried out by third-party companies that act as travel agencies, wholesalers, or destination management companies to solicit attendees for room reservations for other organizations’ meetings.
Deceptive tactics used by pirate registration and housing companies include:
- Adding processing fees or taxes when registering for the meeting and requiring payment via PayPal
- Illegally using ASH's name and/or logo to falsely represent themselves as being affiliated with ASH
- Informing attendees and exhibitors that the ASH hotel room block is sold out and that if you do not book with them immediately, you may not get a room
- Distributing forms or promotional materials that appear to be issued by ASH
- Non-delivery of promises to customers (e.g., when customers arrive, reservations are sometimes non-existent or the hotels are not conveniently located)
If you are contacted by someone asking if you need a room for the ASH annual meeting, and the individual is not a representative of SPARGO, Inc., please get as much information as you can about the company and contact the ASH Registration and Housing Center immediately.
ASH Registration and Housing Center
11208 Waples Mill Road, Suite 112
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 888-273-5704 (U.S. toll free)
001 703-449-6418 (International)
Email: [email protected]
Hotels for the ASH annual meeting must be reserved directly through the official ASH Housing Center.