ASH Annual Meeting Media Registration and Eligibility Requirements
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for in-person attendees:
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required prior to traveling to New Orleans for the 64th ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition. ASH is continually monitoring the status of the COVID-19 pandemic and additional information regarding the on-site health and safety protocols, including vaccination verification, will be posted as it becomes available. We encourage you to monitor our Health and Safety Protocols webpage to stay abreast of the latest updates.
The 64th ASH Annual Meeting & Exposition will take place December 10-13, 2022, in New Orleans, Louisiana, and online. ASH welcomes all media who are employed by accredited news organizations to apply for complimentary media credentials to cover the meeting either in-person or virtually. Media who are covering the meeting in person must complete their registration online and submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination before arriving in New Orleans.
Before submitting your registration request, please review the media registration options and eligibility requirements on this page. You are required to agree to the ASH Annual Meeting Press Policies before submitting your registration request. To register, you must use your ASH account. If you do not have an ASH account, you will be prompted to create one.
Once your request is submitted, you will receive an email requesting the documentation needed to process your media credentials. Please note that your registration is not final until you submit the required documentation and receive a confirmation email. Please complete your registration early. Media requesting credentials must provide all necessary documentation prior to the meeting.
No On-site Registration
Due to this year’s vaccination requirement to attend the meeting, ASH will not offer on-site registration or credential verification (no walk-ups). Media must register online and have received their email confirmation prior to arriving at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, as there will be vaccination verification checkpoints prior to name badge and materials pick up. Please continue to monitor the ASH Annual Meeting Health and Safety Protocols website prior to traveling for the latest on the required safety measures.Register now
Media Registration Options
ASH will offer two media registration options for the 2022 annual meeting. When submitting a registration request, you must pick one of the following options:
- Virtual Only: Receive extended access (through February 1, 2023) to all broadcast and on-demand annual meeting sessions via the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting virtual platform.
- In-person (with virtual access): Cover the annual meeting on-site in New Orleans, Louisiana, and receive extended access (through February 1, 2023) to all broadcast and on-demand annual meeting sessions via the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting virtual platform.
Please complete your request for registration early if you require on-site access to the ASH annual meeting as space will be limited. Should your plans or ability to travel to New Orleans change, please contact [email protected] or 202-828-5066 as soon as possible to modify your request for media credentials.
Benefits for Registered Media
The following benefits are offered to credentialed members of the media for the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting:
- Complimentary annual meeting registration and access to the annual meeting virtual platform (through February 1, 2023)
- Access to embargoed press kit materials and press area access on the virtual meeting platform, including press program presentation recordings beginning December 7
- Admission to press briefings
- Admission to ASH sessions (except ticketed sessions)
- Access to session recordings and the virtual meeting platform until February 1, 2023
- Interview opportunities with presenters and other experts
- Access to on-site press working room and interview rooms (on-site reporters only)*
*Please note: Access to the press working room and interview rooms requires on-site credentials and is based on room capacity limits to ensure compliance with convention center safety rules.
ASH considers an accredited news organization to be one that features original, editorial news coverage that has editorial freedom from advertisers and/or sponsors, and in which advertisers and/or sponsors are clearly identified as such.
Press credentials for the in-person meeting are limited to two representatives per outlet unless an exception is granted. If additional representatives are requested, ASH will consider providing limited on-site access (not access to the press working room) or virtual-only media credentials.
The following registration requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis:
- Non-Writing Editors: Editorial staff participating in the annual meeting for the sole purpose of providing editorial direction must submit a letter verifying assignment to the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting on the letterhead of the news organization being represented with the request for either in-person or virtual-only registration as well as a copy of the publication (electronic) and coverage from last year’s ASH annual meeting, if applicable. If you represent an international media outlet, please also provide a copy of your accredited press pass. If you do not have media identification, then you must provide a masthead of the publication with your name and title.
- Nonprofit or Patient Advocacy Newsletters: Newsletters that are regularly published and primarily cover hematology/oncology-related news are eligible to have one journalist credentialed. (Single-sponsored, investment, corporate, and institutional newsletters do not qualify.)
- Documentary Film Crews, Video Production Companies, Videographers, and Crew must submit a written request to [email protected] at least 60 days prior to the annual meeting that includes information about the company, the purpose of attending the annual meeting, synopsis of film/video/documentary project, and information on the editorial/financial supporters of the project.
- Online Publications and Bloggers: Journalists reporting for online-only media outlets must work for a news organization or blog that meets the following criteria:
- Must represent an independent website that posts original, editorial news coverage on a regular basis and not just around medical meetings
- Must submit evidence of current hematology/oncology-related content on website that has been published regularly over the past year
- Must have been in continuous operation for at least six months
- Registrants may be asked to submit website traffic data (e.g., Google Analytics, etc.)
The following representatives are not eligible for media credentials for the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting:
- Editors, writers, and scientific advisory board members for journals that do not have editorial news sections
- Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and/or other electronic media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes
- Financial analysts
- Sales, advertising, marketing, or public relations personnel
- Representatives from companies that post videos of scientific sessions for medical education purposes including creating continuing medical education (CME) or other commercial content (e.g., webcasts, online or printed educational modules, etc.)
- Representatives from single-sponsored, investment, corporate, and institutional newsletters
- Bloggers who write for company-sponsored blogs in which the blogger is paid to publish posts or content that may be created by advertisers
Please contact ASH media staff at [email protected] or 202-828-5066 with special requests.
Once registration has been requested, you will receive an automated email from [email protected] with instructions for uploading materials that are required to process your registration. Please check your spam or junk folder if you do not see the email in your inbox.
You must submit the following materials to receive media credentials:
- Letter verifying assignment to the 2022 ASH Annual Meeting on the letterhead of the news organization being represented and if the assignment or request is for in-person or virtual credentials
- Three bylined hematology/oncology-related articles or produced video/broadcast clips published within the last year, or coverage from last year’s ASH annual meeting, if applicable
- For international media only: Media identification such as an international, accredited press pass or an official media-outlet-issued credential
- U.S.-based media must submit items 1 and 2 listed above
- International media must submit items 1, 2, and 3 listed above as well as a copy of the publication (electronic or hard copy)
Please note that your registration is not final until you submit the required documentation and you receive a confirmation email. Media attending in person will also be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 before arriving on site. Should your plans or ability to travel to New Orleans change, please contact us at [email protected] to modify your request for media credentials.