Meeting Cancellation Policy
ASH reserves the right to modify or cancel any or all activities associated with this meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. If ASH must unexpectedly cancel this meeting, the full registration fee, less a processing charge, will be returned to each registrant.
Registration refunds will be processed for cancellations processed online on or before Monday, January 30, less a $75 cancellation fee. No refunds will be granted after this date.
If you have extenuating circumstances that prevent you from attending, you are more than welcome to request an exception to this policy. To do so, please cancel your registration online and email the ASH Registration Center at [email protected] to explain your situation and include any documentation to support your case (documentation is optional but recommended). These requests must be submitted by Friday, March 10, 2023 to be considered. The decision regarding your request may take up to one month after the event to process.
Cancelling your meeting registration does not automatically cancel your hotel reservation. All registration cancellations and refunds will be processed in the same manner as original payment:
- If paid by credit card, the refund will be issued to the card on record, generally within 5-7 business days of the request.
- Payments made by check will be refunded in one of two ways (additional documentation will be required once the refund request is received):
- Domestic registrants: Refund payments will be made directly into your bank account through ASH's Automated Clearing House (ACH) program
- International registrants: Refund payments will be made through a wire transfer
Code of Conduct
ASH is committed to providing a welcoming meeting environment for all attendees. This Code of Conduct applies to all in-person and virtual participants, including members, volunteers, guests, exhibitors, vendors, staff, and any other attendee.
All attendees will conduct themselves in a collegial and respectful manner, free from any form of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation. Attendees will commit to creating a safe, inclusive, and professional atmosphere. Inappropriate conduct, including but not limited to harassment; threatening physical or verbal actions; or disorderly or disruptive conduct, will not be tolerated.
If you or anyone you know is being treated inappropriately, feels unsafe, and/or witnesses any unacceptable behavior, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible. ASH will do its best to respond in a timely manner and determine the appropriate next steps.
Participation of Financial Professionals
Financial professionals and other individuals whose principal reason for attending the meeting is to seek business opportunities or obtain information affecting investment positions are welcome to register for the meeting. However, the educational and scientific aspects of the meeting are always top priority. Financial professionals are required to identify themselves when speaking with presenters, particularly when asking questions for which the answers may have implications for corporate valuation or positions in equity markets. Speakers and moderators are also asked to give preference to questioners with scientific or clinical enquiries.
For safety reasons, children under the age of 12 (including infants in carriers and strollers, or hand-carried infants and toddlers) are not permitted in the exhibit hall. Additionally, ASH prohibits all children and infants in the sessions, as they may distract the speakers and disrupt other attendees.
Photography and Recording of Copyrighted Material Policy
Materials presented, including all slides, written and oral presentations, posters, and other materials displayed, shown or otherwise published during the meeting are protected by copyright, and may not be publicly displayed or republished (including social media) without the express written consent of the copyright owner, from ASH (or, in the case of the slides and posters, from the presenter or author) except as expressly provided in this Policy.
B. Photographs, Screen shots and Audio Recording
- Limited Right to Share. Except as provided in Sections A and B.2 of this Policy, attendees of the ASH meeting may take photographs and make audio recordings (but no video recordings) of meeting materials for personal, non-commercial use, which are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (available in its entirety at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode). This means that, except as provided in Sections A and B.2 of this Policy, attendees may share a limited number of photographs or short audio recordings of the meeting materials in a reasonable manner, as determined by ASH, in any medium or format subject to the following terms:
- Attribution – an attendee must give appropriate credit to the original author, and may not in any way suggest that the original author endorses the attendee or his or her use;
- Non-Commercial — an attendee may not use the meeting materials for commercial purposes; and
- No Derivatives — If an attendee remixes, transforms, or builds upon the meeting material, he or she may not distribute or publish the modified material.
- Exhibit Hall Presentations. Attendees of the ASH meeting may take photographs and make recordings of meeting materials associated with Exhibit Hall presentations and displays for personal, non-commercial, use only. Attendees are strictly prohibited from sharing meeting materials associated with poster presentations without the express consent of the presenter or exhibitor and the copyright owner of such meeting materials.
C. No Disruptive Recordings or Photos
Attendees taking photos or audio recording of meeting materials must do so in a non-disruptive manner so as not to disturb the presenter and other attendees. Flash photography is strictly prohibited.
D. Video Recording and Live Audio or Video Streaming
Video recording or live audio or video streaming of any meeting materials is strictly prohibited.
Violators of this Policy may be asked to leave the ASH meeting and may be escorted and barred from the room or session. Repeat violators may have their ASH meeting badges revoked and not be allowed to return to attend the remainder of the ASH meeting.
ASH will have professional photographers present at the meeting. Therefore, please note that any photographs or screenshots taken at the in-person and virtual meeting may be used in future ASH publications, online, or in other ASH materials. Attendance or participation in the meeting constitutes an attendee’s consent to ASH’s use and publication of the attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, or other electronic media pertaining to the meeting events and activities.