Patient Versions Guidelines
- Blood clots when you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- Preventing a blood clot
- Testing for blood clots
- Things to know if you are taking a blood thinner to prevent blood clots
Learn more about the ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines on Venous Thromboembolism.
Sickle Cell Disease
Steps to Better Health Toolkit
In partnership with ASH, CDC has created health guidance materials for people with SCD based on the ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines on Sickle Cell Disease. These materials include common complications of SCD and steps to take for better health.
- Caring for Common Complications
- Steps to Better Heart Health
- What to Know About Blood Clots
- Steps to Better Lung Health
- Steps to Better Kidney Health
- 3 Tips for Sage Use of Medicines
- 5 Steps to Safer Blood Transfusions
- Managing Acute Pain if you Have Sickle Cell Disease
- Managing Chronic Pain if you Have Sickle Cell Disease
Learn more about the ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines on Sickle Cell Disease.
Von Willebrand disease
The following resources, developed externally and based on the ASH ISTH NHF WFH VWD guidelines, are provided for reference. Please note that the American Society of Hematology does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, the content of these resources
- Patient Summary of the Guidelines – Management of VWD
- Patient Summary of the Guidelines – Diagnosis of VWD
Learn more about the ASH Clinical Practice Guidelines on von Willebrand Disease.