You are eligible to apply for Active membership if you reside in Canada, Mexico, or the United States and:
- have a doctoral degree or its equivalent, and
- have manifested interest in any discipline important to hematology as evidenced by work in the field, original contributions, and attendance at meetings concerning hematology.
Annual dues: $400 (must be paid at the time of application)
Already a member? Log in to access your benefits.
Benefits of Active Membership
- Blood, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology, the ASH Education Program
- The Hematologist: ASH News and Reports
- ASH Clinical News
- ASH NewsLink, a monthly electronic newsletter
- save more than $400 on registration
- access to member-only registration and priority hotels before registration opens to the general public
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- registration discounts on the Society’s other educational and scientific meetings
- discounts on ASH meeting webcasts and other educational products
- more than $100 discount on the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
- apply for ASH awards, grants, and training programs
- serve on ASH governing committees
- access ASH’s online member directory
- advocacy and representation before the U.S. Congress and other government agencies
Key Dates and Deadlines
ASH membership is from January 1 to December 31. Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year. The ASH Executive Committee considers Active membership applications twice per year. For consideration in spring, submit your completed membership application by March 1. For consideration during the ASH annual meeting in December, submit your completed membership application by August 1.
How to Apply
You will need the following information to complete your application:
- Name, email address, and ASH Member ID of the ASH member who is sponsoring you
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the Active membership application and submit it to ASH Customer Service using one of the methods listed below.
Email: [email protected]
PO Box 251
Annapolis Junction, MD 02701
For members with more than two years of unpaid dues, active membership status can be restored upon payment of two years of past dues plus the current year’s dues. Only the paid membership years will be counted towards the Emeritus eligibility. These dues can be paid by visiting the renew now portal or by re-applying for membership according to the schedule above. To discuss your renewal options, please contact Customer Service.