Enrolling Trainees in ASH Fundamentals for Hematology Fellows
Support your trainees through the completion of their fellowship, and help them prepare for board exams by giving them access to valuable ASH benefits. Enroll current and incoming fellows in the ASH Fundamentals for Hematology Fellows (FHF) program at the cost of $125 per fellow.
Please note that you must enroll 100 percent of your fellows in FHF in order for them to receive the program benefits.
ASH must receive full payment for enrollment before fellows can receive FHF benefits. Please allow sufficient time for processing to ensure all memberships are active when ASH annual meeting registration opens in mid-July.
Each fellow enrolled in FHF receives:
- ASH Associate membership1, which includes subscriptions to ASH’s various publications, including Blood, The Hematologist, and Hematology, the ASH Education Program. Associate members are also eligible to apply for ASH awards and have access to other member-only services, such as Consult a Colleague. View additional member benefits.
- One complimentary ASH meeting registration2 (or access to recorded sessions for one ASH meeting) per academic year.
- Online access to the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP), which includes nearly 300 case-based multiple-choice questions grouped into six themed tests. ASH-SAP tests combine to offer up to 75 continuing medical education (CME) and American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points.
- Discounted price for the ASH Hematology In-Service Exam.
Additionally, program directors3 of fellows enrolled in FHF receive complimentary registration for the ASH annual meeting and digital access to the ASH-SAP, including the CME/MOC tests.
1Fellows enrolled in FHF are not required to apply for Associate membership separately. ASH will send enrolled fellows a welcome kit as soon as their institution’s FHF enrollment is complete.
2Complimentary registrations are non-transferable and include the core meeting registration only. Eligible meetings include the ASH annual meeting, ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies, and Highlights of ASH in North America.
3If the program director is an oncologist who does not wish to receive the benefits, he or she may transfer all benefits to a key clinical faculty member actively involved in the hematology education of the fellows; this designation should be made when the program registers for the FHF program.
Cost Per Fellow
At $125 per fellow, FHF offers savings of nearly $600 when compared to the cost of paying for Associate membership and purchasing similar products separately using the Associate member discount (see table below).
|FHF Bundle Cost||$125||Cost to Purchase Products Separately|
|Associate membership||Included||Associate membership||$55|
|ASH meeting registration||Included||Highlights of ASH registration||$375|
|ASH-SAP, 7th Edition (digital access)||Included||ASH-SAP, 7th Edition (digital access)*||$280|
|Total Cost: $125
||Total Cost: $710|
Eligibility and Enrollment
Each April, ASH sends instructions to program* directors and coordinators on how to enroll current (but not graduating that year) and incoming fellows in FHF. Programs are welcome to enroll at any point; however, ASH does not prorate the cost of FHF enrollment.
Access to FHF benefits begins July 1 and ends June 30 of the following year. Fellows completing the training program in June will receive FHF benefits through December of their graduating year. For fellows who are already ASH members outside of the FHF program, a refund for the six-month balance of their previously-paid membership dues will be issued and sent to the original payer.
Fellowship programs must enroll 100 percent of their fellows in FHF in order to receive the bundle benefits. Full payment must be received before FHF enrollment and ASH Associate membership are considered active.
Registration fees cannot be adjusted for programs that enroll in FHF after fellows have registered for the ASH annual meeting, so please allow sufficient time for processing to ensure all memberships are active when ASH annual meeting registration opens in mid-July.
*For the purposes of this message, "program" refers to the fellowship training program in hematology, hematology-oncology, pediatric hematology-oncology, blood banking/transfusion medicine, or hematopathology accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the American Osteopathic Association.
How to Enroll
Hematology-related fellowship programs may register enroll their fellows for FHF by logging in to the ASH Trainee Enrollment Center.
Please note that only program directors and program coordinators will have access to the registration site. If you are new to your institution or have had a personnel change, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the change is reflected in our database.
Important FHF Enrollment Information
- Each registration order is associated with an ACGME-accredited program. Please have your program’s ACGME number ready when you begin the enrollment process.
- Please read all the prompts as you go through the registration site. Some pages will only be available the first time you log in to the site.
- ASH has documented the number of ACGME-approved positions for each fellowship program. On the registration page, you will see a table with your program’s filled positions, fellows listed, and remaining positions. You may add more fellows than you have positions for, but you will not be able to complete registration until all allocated positions are filled. If the number of ACGME-approved positions for your program has changed, please email email@example.com so that we can update our database.
- Once registration is finalized, you will not be able to add or cancel any fellow’s registration order. If you need to make any changes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New fellows will have a profile created with ASH upon registration, but web credentials are not created automatically. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- FHF enrollment and ASH Associate membership will be considered active after payment is received for all fellows enrolled in the program. ASH encourages you to allow sufficient time for processing to ensure that all memberships are in place when registration for the ASH annual meeting opens in mid-July. Please note that, while credit card transactions are processed immediately, checks may take up to three weeks to process.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am unable to sign in to the registration site.
Your username and/or password may need to be updated. For assistance, please contact ASH Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a new coordinator, please contact email@example.com to have a new profile created.
Why can’t I view certain aspects of the registration site?
Our webpages are browser and firewall sensitive. If you are having trouble viewing any component of the registration site, please try a different browser. If you continue to have trouble, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
My program information and/or program director’s information is incorrect. Why are the updates not reflected immediately?
Updates may take up to 24 hours to appear in the Trainee Enrollment Center. Please be assured that your edits have been saved. DO NOT update the information multiple times, as doing so will create multiple records in our database and cause a glitch in the system.
The number of positions remaining in the system is more than the number of fellows in my program. How do I fix this?
There may have been a mistake in our reporting from the ACGME. Please contact email@example.com to update the number of positions, as you will not be able to complete registration until all allocated positions are filled.
The number of positions remaining in the system is less than the number of fellows in my program. How do I fix this?
There is no limit to the number of fellows you can add to your registration list. However, to update the number of positions in your program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I add a fellow after I have completed my registration order?
Once the registration order is finalized, you will no longer be able to add fellows or create a new invoice through the Trainee Enrollment Center. Please contact email@example.com to create a separate order for the new addition.