CME Accreditation Subcommittee
Hanny Al-Samkari, MD ('24)
Martina C. Murphy, MD ('22)
Bipin N. Savani, MD ('22)
Ana Maria Velarde, BS
The Continuing Medical Education (CME) Accreditation Subcommittee, a subcommittee of the Committee on Educational Affairs, assists staff in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and practices, and reviews related documents to ensure compliance with Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) criteria for ASH CME-approved activities. The Subcommittee is responsible for analyzing practice gap data and determining appropriate methods for incorporating data into program planning. The Subcommittee develops appropriate plans and processes to collect outcomes data from evaluations to assess change in physicians’ practices, and it explores offering CME credits for other ASH-sponsored education activities.
The membership of the CME Accreditation Subcommittee includes:
· Chair (recommended by Chair of Committee on Educational Affairs) – 2 -year term
· Vice Chair (nominated by chair of subcommittee) – 2-year term
· Executive Editor, Hematology
· 1 current member of Committee on Practice – term congruent with service on parent committee
· 1 current member of Committee on Training – term congruent with service on parent committee
· Senior Executive Editor of published edition of ASH-SAP
· Additional expert(s) as needed – 2-year term
Members of the CME Accreditation Subcommittee are required to participate in conference calls and email discussions and to attend a meeting during the ASH annual meeting.