ASH continues to embrace the values of diversity and inclusion by leading efforts to promote the advancement of underrepresented groups in hematology. In support of this organizational priority, the Awards Committee and the Committee on Promoting Diversity have created an Honorific Award to honor hematologists who have demonstrated extraordinary commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity serves as a visible example of the respect that ASH has for those committed to diversity and the inclusion in hematology of those who face barriers to success because of societal disadvantages. An individual may be nominated for:
- Significant leadership/mentorship that has benefited the career development of trainees from underrepresented groups
- Contributions that have led to a more diverse and inclusive hematology workforce
- Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness within ASH
back to top
|Nomination Deadline for 2020 ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity||July 15, 2019|
|Award Notification for 2019 Recipients||March 2019|
|Presentation of Awards for 2019 Recipients||December 2019|
- The nominee does not need to be an ASH member.
- The nominator must be a member of ASH. Not an ASH member? Apply today.
- Nominees should be actively involved in the advancement of diversity and the inclusion of underrepresented groups, such as women and racial/ethnic minority populations who have faced barriers to success because of social disadvantages.
- Neither the nominee nor the nominator is required to be from an underrepresented minority group.
- Nominees of all nationalities and all countries of residence are eligible; however, all nomination materials must be submitted in English.
back to top
- Self-nominations and posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Past recipients are not eligible for the award.
- Recipients may only receive one Honorific Award per year.
- Voting members of the ASH Executive Committee and the ASH Awards Committee are ineligible for an Honorific Award during their tenure.
How to Submit a Nomination
Nominations for the ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity are accepted throughout the year.
You may submit a nomination package by email. Please send all required documents to email@example.com.
Before getting started, please review the Nominations Guidance document, which provides additional information about the award and guidance on crafting an effective nomination letter.
The following documents are required in order to submit a nomination package:
- A completed nomination form
- A copy of the nominee's current CV
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee’s contributions to diversity and inclusion in the field of hematology
- Optional: Up to two additional letters of nomination are welcomed
Submit by email
If you are having trouble completing or submitting your nomination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.back to top
For assistance or more information about ASH Honorific Awards, please contact the Awards Department at email@example.com
back to top