ASH Greatest Needs Fund
Without ASH, hematology's past would not be as productive as it has been, and its future would not be as promising as it is. It's that simple. A gift to the ASH Foundation is an investment in people who are certain to positively impact the lives of millions of patients with blood disorders globally.
Hematology is a dynamic field with exciting breakthroughs occurring on a regular basis. However, many challenges exist that hinder continued advancement in the field, including limited support for training, quality care initiatives, and high-risk, high-reward research.
ASH seeks to address issues of critical importance facing the global hematology community. The ASH Greatest Needs Fund allows for these types of challenges to be met and, in many cases, makes an immediate impact by enhancing and expanding new, innovative programs and services that benefit hematologists worldwide.
Gifts in Action
Below are a few recent examples of how gifts to the ASH Greatest Needs Fund have been put to expeditious and excellent use:
- Funded additional awards for the ASH Visitor Training Program and Latin American Training Program (2017, 2018 and 2019)
- Provided travel stipends for aplastic anemia experts to attend a workshop focused on developing a common registry for Latin American countries (2018)
- Funded a one-day Workshop on Venous Thromboembolism which was co-hosted by ASH and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2019)
- Provided travel stipends for returning Health Volunteers Overseas participants (2017 and 2019)
- Supported the ASH Congressional Fellowship Program in extending the award of a fellowship recipient (2018)
- Funded the following ASH Awards:
- One additional ASH Bridge Grant Award (2019)
- One additional Research Training Award for Fellows (2020 Cycle)
- 10 additional Lymphoma Abstract Awards for the ASH Meeting on Lymphoma Biology (2018)
How You Can Help
Your donation to the ASH Greatest Needs Fund will help advance fundamental efforts vital to ensuring that key insights in the understanding of blood disorders continue to advance health care on many fronts.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax deductible as allowed by law.