ASH Global Programs Fund
ASH has had a profound impact on the field of hematology with its mission to advance research, its support for trainees, its extension to many international sites, and much, much more. It has been my privilege to support ASH through the ASH Foundation on an annual basis. There is still work to be done to improve outcomes from blood diseases, and support for the ASH Foundation will ensure that it will be carried out.
In many developing countries, due to a shortage of trained hematology personnel and resources, it can be challenging for hematology professionals to receive proper training, especially around specific priority medical needs in their regions. Hematology care is dramatically improved when doctors and other medical professionals can access the fundamental knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively treat their patient populations.
As the world’s premier hematology organization, ASH offers numerous educational resources, research awards, training opportunities, and mentoring programs for hematology professionals from around the world. ASH’s global initiatives help further the understanding of hematology through international collaboration, by fostering the worldwide exchange of knowledge and resources, and by enhancing best practices in clinical care through education and training.
Global Outreach and Impact
ASH seeks to address issues of critical importance facing the global hematology community. Your gift to the ASH Global Programs Fund will help the Society meet these challenges and, in many cases, make an immediate impact by enhancing and expanding new, innovative programs and services that benefit hematology worldwide.
Gifts in Action
Below are a few recent examples of how gifts to the ASH Global Programs Fund have been put to expeditious and excellent use:
- Support for Consortium on Newborn Screening in Africa (CONSA) laboratory training (2021 and 2023)
- Funded additional awards for the ASH Visitor Training Program (2017-2019)
- Provided travel stipends for returning Health Volunteers Overseas participants (2017 and 2019)
- Provided funding for additional data manager work for the International Consortium on Acute Leukemia (ICAL) which is integral to proper maintenance and integrity of ICAL’s research and data (2017-18)
- Funded equipment for a Health Volunteers Overseas Hematology site (2019)
- Supported site assessments with the African Sickle Cell Disease Newborn Screening Consortium (2019)
How You Can Help
Your donation to the ASH Global Programs Fund will help build hematology capacity in developing countries and promote international connectivity amongst ASH members worldwide.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax deductible as allowed by law.