COVID-19 Resources for Researchers
(Updated September 14, 2020)
The United States and countries around the world face a major public health concern with the current outbreak of the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19). In an effort to serve its members, ASH is maintaining this webpage as a medium to exchange information to assist hematologists in navigating the COVID-19 public health crisis.
While ASH aims to provide a forum for the exchange of information that is helpful, accurate and up-to-date, the relevant health information and data concerning the disease, as well as the various governmental actions and responses to the disease, are changing constantly, and ASH makes no representation, warranty, or guaranty whatsoever as to any information that may be exchanged through this webpage.
American Society of Hematology
- ASH COVID-19 Research Agenda for Hematology
- Summary of NIH Guidance on Grants, Operations During COVID-19 Response
FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- EUA for convalescent plasma
- FDA statistical considerations for clinical trials during COVID
- FDA Guidance on Clinical Trials
- FDA issues guidance on emergency INDs for convalescent plasma for COVID-19
- Investigational COVID-19 convalescent plasma: guidance for industry
NIH (National Institutes of Health)
- NOSI from NIAID for Limited Clinical Trials to Evaluate Therapeutic and Vaccine Candidates Against SARS-CoV02 – expires 9/1/2021
- COVID-19: Information for NIH Applicants and Recipients of NIH Funding
- LitCovid: a curated literature hub by NLM
This hub tracks up-to-date scientific information about COVID-19. Articles are updated daily and are categorized by different research topics and geographic locations.
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Seminar Series
This twice-weekly scientific seminar series featuring illuminating lectures by today’s leaders in basic and translational biomedical science. Seminars are viewable via livestream every Monday and Wednesday at 4:30 pm.
- Blood and Bone Seminar
Dr. Kellie Machlus from Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women’s Hospital has organized this seminar series to continue scientific education during this time of travel restrictions and meeting cancellations.
- Connecting the Scientific Community Seminar Series
Drs. Kornelia Polyak and David Weinstock from Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center have organized this seminar series (12:00 pm Eastern every Tuesday and Thursday) to facilitate scientific exchanges during the COVID-19 restrictions.