Mark A. Crowther, MD ('22)
Belinda Avalos, MD ('22)
Robert A. Brodsky, MD ('22)
Arnold Ganser, MD ('22)
Mohandas Narla, DSc ('23)
Georg Aue, MD,PhD,MBA ('24) -
Margaret A. Goodell, PhD ('23) -
Tiffany T. Ake, CPA,MBA
The Finance Subcommittee, a subcommittee of the ASH Executive Committee, is responsible for balancing short- and long-term goals and obligations to assess, monitor, and make recommendations regarding ASH’s long-term financial sustainability. To fulfill its purpose, the subcommittee has the following responsibilities:
· Gain an understanding of ASH’s financial underpinning.
· Assess risks – both internal and external – that may have a financial impact on ASH’s business model.
· Make recommendations to the ASH Executive Committee regarding the aggregate amount of appropriate programmatic and operational expenditures.
· Request review of specific programs.
· Suggest appropriate fee increases.
· Review composition of building debt.
· Oversee and periodically review the amount of finances to be held in reserve.
The membership of the Finance Subcommittee includes the President-Elect, Vice President, Treasurer (who serves as Chair), and the two 4th-year Councillors as well as two liaisons from the Committee on Investment and Audit. Members of the subcommittee are expected to participate in conference calls and email discussions as necessary.