ASH Clinical Research Training Institute in Asia-Pacific
Applications for the 2024 Clinical Research Training Institute in Asia-Pacific (CRTI-APAC) program are now open.
The ASH Clinical Research Training Institute (CRTI) in Asia-Pacific is a two-day highly-interactive in-person workshop intended for fellows and early- to mid-career hematology faculty working in Asia-Pacific countries who wish to become more familiar with clinical trial design and execution. As a participant, you will:
- Build the foundation and explore the methodologies of patient-oriented clinical research.
- Strengthen the fundamental skills needed to become a successful patient-oriented clinical leader.
- Gain extensive networking opportunities with others who share the same passion.
- Develop a potential capstone project that builds upon skills learned during the curriculum and small group peer-reviews.
- Receive individualized mentorship from program faculty to advance your proposed project.
|Applications Open||August 4, 2023|
|Applications Close||September 29, 2023|
|CRTI-APAC Workshop in Sydney, Australia||February 13-14, 2024|
|Trainee Day||February 15, 2024|
The two-day workshop is composed of didactic sessions, small group breakouts, and one-on-one mentoring sessions. The didactic session will focus on observational trial design, helping participants to design and execute an observational study in their context. CRTI Asia-Pacific is held three days prior to Highlights of ASH in Asia-Pacific, which takes place each year in February or March. There is no fee to apply and participants' housing and travel expenses to attend the workshop will be covered by ASH.
Applicants to CRTI in Asia-Pacific must meet the following criteria: At the time of application, the applicant must:
- Be a clinician (medical doctor, nurse, psychologist, etc.) with a clinical practice in benign or malignant hematology. Please note a clinical practice exclusively in solid tumors and research interests focused exclusively on laboratory-based research are not sufficient to qualify.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Be a fellow or have a current faculty appointment within 15 years from the first faculty appointment in a division or department of hematology or oncology in Asia-Pacific.
- Be a physician from a country in the following regions:
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Southeast Asia
Criteria for Evaluation, Selection, and Notification
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a study section, and up to 20 qualified candidates will be selected to attend. The selection criteria include:
- Meet application eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate the potential to develop and sustain an investigator-initiated clinical research career in hematology. This will be adjudicated based upon the CV and goals for attendance.
How to Apply
The CRTI in Asia-Pacific application, as well as all supporting documents outlined below, must be submitted electronically through the ASH online awards portal.
All applications must include the following:
- Curriculum vitae (maximum three pages), which should include the applicant’s complete contact information, description of the applicant’s present faculty position (including title of the position and major responsibilities), prior training in clinical research (if any), publications, list of trainees the applicant has mentored and their current position (if any), and any other relevant information specific to the applicant’s career in clinical research. The CV must clearly distinguish between peer-reviewed publications from abstracts presented at conferences. For a detailed guide on how to build a curriculum vitae, watch our webinar on “How to Develop a CV”.
- Research question and a few sentences about the proposed project (a complete protocol is not required to apply or be accepted to CRTI in Asia-Pacific).
- Goals for attendance (one to two paragraphs). The applicant should state how attendance at CRTI Asia-Pacific will enhance their career.
Any submission that does not follow the application requirements, is not formatted correctly, is lacking information, has incorrect information, or is lacking required documents may be deemed ineligible and may not be reviewed by the study section. There will be no appeals or consideration for further review once an application has been determined to be ineligible.
Terms and Conditions
Selected participants must agree to attend the full day of the workshop. Those selected will be responsible for making arrangements with their institution to attend the CRTI Asia-Pacific program.
For questions regarding the Clinical Research Training Institute in Asia-Pacific, please contact the ASH Training Department at [email protected]