Host a Satellite Symposium in Conjunction with the ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies
Applications to host a Satellite Symposium are now open.
Satellite Symposia are industry-supported, CME-certified programs offered in conjunction with ASH specialty meetings. These events are not part of the official ASH meeting program and are planned solely by the sponsoring company.
Satellite Symposia should be unique and answer an unmet educational need. In 2021, the ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies will offer both in-person and virtual content. As such, ASH will limit in-person symposia to two (2) sessions held on Thursday and Friday evenings at 6:00 p.m. Central time. ASH will not limit the number of virtual programs offered.
How to Apply
The Satellite Symposia can be either a pre-recorded virtual or a live in-person session.
|Symposia Delivery Format||Symposia Availability|
|Pre-Recorded Virtual Symposia||The pre-recorded link will be posted on the virtual meeting platform and the ASH website from September 10 – October 8, 2021. Symposia organizers have the option to host a live question and answer session, but is not required. It is the responsibility of the organizer to provide the program link to ASH.|
|Live In-Person Symposia||Live symposia will be formally scheduled on the same day as the live Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies programming in order to maximize the audience. ASH will offer two (2) live, in-person, Satellite Symposia at the ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies; one (1) on Thursday, September 9, and one (1) on Friday, September 10, at 6:00 p.m. Central time.|
Live In-Person Satellite Symposia
- Please read the complete Satellite Symposia guidelines before submitting your application
Pre-Recorded Virtual Satellite Symposia
- Please read the complete virtual Satellite Symposia guidelines before submitting your application.
The application and a proposal must be submitted at the application site by July 23, 2021.
Please pay close attention to each required component of the application, as incomplete applications will not be reviewed. All information submitted along with the application will be considered final, and no changes may be made once submitted. This includes, but is not limited to, change in the management company, CME provider, corporate supporter, speakers, symposium topics, and program title.
Please be as accurate and detailed as possible, as ASH will provide this information to all registered and potential attendees through email notifications, and placement on the ASH website.
Applications must be signed by representatives accepting responsibility for the program. By signing the application, each representative agrees to take responsibility for following ASH guidelines for the Satellite Symposia. Please designate one contact person with whom ASH should communicate and who agrees to share information with other representatives.
Glossary of Terms
Organizer – the project manager or the organization responsible for submitting the application and serves as the main point of contact. Examples include medical education companies, ACCME-accredited providers, or educational partners, etc. An organizer cannot be an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
CME Provider – An organization accredited as a provider of continuing medical education. Accredited CME providers assume the responsibility and accountability for developing certified educational activities.
Commercial Support/Supporter – financial, or in-kind, contributions given by a commercial interest, which is used to pay all or part of the costs of a CME activity. A commercial supporter cannot be an organizer or CME Provider.
ASH policy prohibits ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies speakers from participating in associated Satellite Symposia.
- View the Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies program for a full list of speakers.
All Satellite Symposia cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to Kelly Cade, ASH Grants and Satellite Symposia Manager, Consultant, at email@example.com.
- Any cancellation requests received on or after August 5, 2021, will incur a 100 percent cancellation penalty. The Satellite Symposia host will be issued no refund of any monies received by ASH for cancellation.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Friday, July 23
- Deadline for Satellite Symposia application submissions by COB Pacific Time
Friday, July 30
- Acceptance letters emailed to accepted program organizer(s)
- Following acceptance, please submit registration site links to ASH to post on the website at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, August 4
- Satellite Symposia signed letter of agreements due to ASH to email@example.com
Friday, August 13
- Payments are due
Friday, August 20
- Submission deadline for approval by ASH of promotional and education materials (invitations, handouts, signs, flyers, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission deadline for mailing list requests (mailing piece(s) must be pre-approved by ASH) to email@example.com
Monday, August 30
- Pre-recorded video link to be shared with Kelly Cade at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, October 11
- Copy of the one-page summary evaluation and final attendance count must be submitted to email@example.com by COB Pacific Time
Please contact Kelly Cade, ASH Grants and Satellite Symposia Manager, Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.