Poster Presentation Instructions and Schedule
ASH is committed to offering the best continuing medical education in hematology. As a presenter, you play a key role in this effort. Disclosure of all relationships helps maintain the integrity of the information presented at ASH meetings. Additionally, the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) requires that presenters disclose relationships in writing for the poster sessions.
To ensure full disclosure, presenting authors whose abstracts were chosen for poster presentation must list relationship disclosures for themselves and all co-authors at the bottom of the poster. If an author has nothing to disclose, the statement should read, “There are no relationships to disclose.”
In addition, a conflict-of-interest statement will be provided and posted on the poster board by ASH staff.
Poster Presentation Schedule
|7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.||5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.||7:30 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
|7:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.||9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.|
|8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.||6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.||8:00 p.m - 8:15 p.m.|
One poster board (approximately 4 feet high and 6 feet wide) will be provided for you as well as a printed number identifying your poster board. Push pins will also be provided.
- You will need to prepare a title board for the top of your poster, indicating the title and author(s) of your presentation. Ideally, the lettering for the title should not be less than 1.5 inches high. (Please note that the title board is not a separate piece of paper from the poster itself.)
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would use for slide presentations, but more heavily drawn. Remember to keep illustrated and written material simple.
- All illustrations should be made up beforehand. Remember that your illustrations must be legible from a distance of at least 3 to 5 feet.
- Do not mount illustrations on a heavy board because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster boards.
- Do not use normal "typewriter-size" type (10- to 12-point font size).
- Display of commercial/product sales posters is prohibited. Any poster that is deemed to be a commercial advertisement will be removed from the poster hall.
- One or two authors should be present at each poster for the entire presentation time. During this time, do not allow yourself to be monopolized for an inordinate period of time by a single individual.
- Please remove your materials from the poster board immediately after the session. Materials left on the boards after the session will be discarded.
The Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) prohibits the use in educational presentations of any logo from any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients. The ACCME does not consider providers of clinical service directly to patients to be commercial interests, therefore logos of academic institutions are allowed.
Record an Audio Presentation of Your Poster
Enhance your presentation with PosterCast, a free smartphone app that allows meeting attendees to stream three-minute audio explanations of poster presentations as they view the posters.
To record a PosterCast, download the free app for iPhone or Android and create an account. The app will guide you through the creation process and will produce a unique QR code for you to display on your poster's right edge.
Please contact ASHspeakers@hematology.org or call 1-866-828-1231 or 202-776-0544.