Photography and Recording of Copyrighted Material
- All slides, written and oral presentations, posters, and other materials displayed, shown, or otherwise published during the annual meeting are protected by copyright and may not be publicly displayed or republished without consent of the copyright owner, except in the following exceptions:
- Attendees may share images or short audio recordings of the Meeting Materials in a reasonable manner, as long as: 1) attribution is given to the author owner, 2) sharing is for non-commercial purposes, 3) no derivatives of the original material may be distributed or published.
- Sharing materials related to posters (e.g., sharing images of posters on social media) is strictly prohibited without consent from the poster presenter.
- Sharing recordings of meeting materials, including live-streaming, is strictly prohibited.
- Screenshots of slides may be posted on social media as long as attribution is given to the presenter.
Materials presented at the American Society of Hematology ("ASH") annual meeting, including all slides, written and oral presentations, posters, and other materials displayed, shown, or otherwise published during the ASH annual meeting (the "Meeting Materials"), are protected by copyright and may not be publicly displayed or republished without the express written consent of the copyright owner, except as expressly provided in this Policy.
- Limited Right to Share. Except as provided in Section B.2 of this Policy, Attendees of the ASH annual meeting may take photographs, screen grabs, and make audio recordings (but no video recordings or live-streaming) of Meeting Materials for personal, non-commercial use, which are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International license (available in its entirety at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode). This means that, except as provided in Section B.2 of this Policy, Attendees may share a limited number of photographs, screen grabs, or short audio recordings of the Meeting Materials in a reasonable manner, as determined by ASH, in any medium or format subject to the following terms:
- Attribution: an Attendee must give appropriate credit to the original author, and may not in any way suggest that the original author endorses the Attendee or his or her use;
- Non-Commercial: an Attendee may not use the Meeting Materials for commercial purposes; and
- No Derivatives: if an Attendee remixes, transforms, or builds upon the Meeting Material, he or she may not distribute or publish the modified material.
- Poster and Exhibit Hall Presentations. Attendees of the ASH annual meeting may take photographs and screen grabs and make recordings of Meeting Materials associated with Poster and Exhibit Hall presentations and displays for personal, non-commercial, use only. Attendees are strictly prohibited from sharing Meeting Materials associated with Poster Presentations or exhibit hall displays without the express consent of the presenter or exhibitor, respectively, and the copyright owner of such Meeting Materials.
Sharing any recordings of meeting materials, including live streaming audio or video recordings, is strictly prohibited.
Violators of this Policy may have their access to the virtual meeting platform revoked.
Portions of the ASH annual meeting will be recorded. Any photographs or recordings taken during the meeting may be used in future ASH publications, online, or in other ASH materials. Attendance or participation in the meeting constitutes an agreement with ASH by the registrant for the Society to use and distribute the registrant's image or voice in photographs, videotapes, audiotapes, or other electronic media pertaining to the ASH annual meeting events and activities.