- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: Not Always a Panacea for Leukemia Patients With Unfavorable OutcomeApril 26, 2019 | David T. Teachey, MD
Dr. Teachey reviews studies that look for therapeutic alternatives to hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in leukemia patients with unfavorable outcomes.
- Leukemia Is Exhausting...April 26, 2019 | Kyle T. Wright, MD, PhD | Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD
Drs. Wright and Kim discuss a study that examined T cell subset distribution and activating/inhibitory checkpoint receptor-ligand expression in the bone marrow microenvironment of acute myeloid leukemia.
- A Step Forward in the Treatment of Adolescent and Young Adult B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaApril 15, 2019 | Renée Boulware, MD, MPH | Kristen M. O'Dwyer, MD
Dr. Boulware and Dr. O'Dwyer discuss a study that tested the efficacy and feasibility of a pediatric regimen for adolescent and young adult patients with newly diagnosed B- or T-lineage Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Could Lullabies and Bedtime Stories Help Youth With SCD Have Less Pain?April 15, 2019 | Ifeyinwa (Ify) Osunkwo, MD, MPH
Dr. Osunkwo explores the bidirectional relationship between age, sleep, and pain in youth with sickle cell disease.
- Apixaban Versus Rivaroxaban: Which One to Use in VTE Treatment?April 12, 2019 | Damon E. Houghton, MD, MSc | Stephan Moll, MD
Dr. Houghton and Dr. Moll discuss two observational studies that have directly compared apixaban to rivaroxaban for the initial treatment of venous thromboembolism.
- Clonal Selection and Mutation-Therapy Interaction in the Development of Therapy-Related Myeloid NeoplasmsApril 11, 2019 | Jennifer O'Sullivan, MD | Adam Mead, MD, PhD
Dr. O'Sullivan and Dr. Mead explore causes of therapy-related myeloid neoplasms.
- Repositioning the Repurposed Drug, a Structural Study of Thalidomide AnalogsApril 11, 2019 | Mahshid Rahmat, PhD | Romanos Sklavenitis Pistofidis, MD | Irene M. Ghobrial, MD
Drs. Rahmat, Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, and Ghobrial review the understanding of thalidomide-CRBN-mediated protein degradation and novel target proteins for thalidomide therapy.
- Thrombocytopenia Post-transplantation: A Clinical Challenge in Need of a TherapyApril 10, 2019 | Amy DeZern, MD, MHS
Dr. DeZern reviews two manuscripts observing the clinical experience of eltrombopag for thrombocytopenia post-stem cell transplantation.
- Thrombolysis for Acute Pulmonary Embolism Is Not One-Size-Fits-AllApril 10, 2019 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins discusses the use of thrombolysis for treatment of pulmonary embolism in patients with bleeding risk.
- Unraveling the Loops of Drug Resistance in ALLApril 10, 2019 | Steven Lane, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, FRCPA
Dr. Lane discusses results of a study observing the link between tissue specificity of glucocorticoid response and acquired glucocorticoid resistance in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.