- 2018: The Year's Best in Sickle Cell DiseaseDecember 21, 2018 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun sheds light on advancements in the field of sickle cell disease, including drug approvals and ongoing trials.
- CAR-T Comes to the Rescue: Cell Therapy Makes 2018 Headlines in the Management of Relapsed Large B-cell LymphomaDecember 21, 2018 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss reviews studies that show the usefulness of chimeric antigen receptor T-cell therapy in the management of relapsed large B-cell lymphoma.
- Deciphering the Dilemmas Posed by Detection of Mutant Myeloid ClonesDecember 21, 2018 | Andrew Roberts, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, FRCPA
Dr. Roberts discusses advances relating to clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential or CHIP from 2018, and what they mean for healthy individuals with no history of blood disorders.
- Expanding the Role of Venetoclax: Mantle Cell Lymphoma and Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaDecember 21, 2018 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson looks at the success of venetoclax as an effective treatment option for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia and mantle cell lymphoma.
- From Aminopterin to Tisagenlecleucel: Childhood Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia at the Forefront of Cancer BreakthroughsDecember 21, 2018 | David T. Teachey, MD
Dr. Teachey reviews studies from 2018 that show advances in the treatment of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Here's to the Year's BestDecember 21, 2018 | Laura C. Michaelis, MD
Dr. Laura Michaelis ushers in 2019 introducing the 2018 "Year's Best" articles in which our Contributing Editors will discuss the past year's top advancements in the field of hematology.
- In Search of Missed Tumors: Next-Generation Sequencing for Minimal Residual Disease Detection in Multiple Myeloma Comes of AgeDecember 21, 2018 | Romanos Sklavenitis Pistofidis, MD | Shuai Dong, PhD | Irene M. Ghobrial, MD
Dr. Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, Dr. Dong, and Dr. Ghobrial discuss developments in the use next-generation sequencing for minimal residual disease detection in multiple myeloma.
- Lentiglobin Gene Therapy Looks Promising in Patients With Transfusion-Dependent β-thalassemiaDecember 21, 2018 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel discusses studies that show promise in the use of lentiglobin gene therapy in patients with transfusion-dependent β-thalassemia.
- Molecular Versus Morphologic Classifications of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: You Don't Know JAK!December 21, 2018 | Vignesh Shanmugam, MD | Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD
Dr. Vignesh Shanmugam and Dr. Kim discuss studies that compare molecular and morphologic classifications of myeloproliferative neoplasms.
- Much-Needed Progress in Therapies for Myelodysplastic SyndromesDecember 21, 2018 | Justin Taylor, MD | Omar Abdel-Wahab, MD
Dr. Taylor and Dr. Abdel-Wahab look back at studies from 2018 that show great progress in therapies for myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Rivaroxaban Clinical Trials in 2018: Successes, Failures, and Lessons LearnedDecember 21, 2018 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins discusses the successes, failures, and lessons from rivaroxaban clinical trials that took place in 2018.
- The Year's Best in Thrombosis: ESUS – Management of Unexplained Arterial ThromboembolismDecember 21, 2018 | Jori May, MD | Stephan Moll, MD
Dr. Jori May and Dr. Moll shed light on 2018 advances on the topic of unexplained arterial thromboembolism.