- A New Standard of Care for Children and Young Adults With T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaOctober 29, 2018 | David T. Teachey, MD
Dr. Teachey reviews a study that shows outstanding outcomes for children and young adults with T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia that have raised the bar and established a new standard of care.
- Updates on Usefulness of HERDOO2 Score and on Direct Oral Anticoagulant Use in Antiphospholipid SyndromeOctober 29, 2018 | Stephan Moll, MD
Dr. Moll provides updates on the usefulness of HERDOO2 score and direct oral anticoagulants in the treatment of antiphospholipid sydromes.
- Mimicry Not Replacement: Molecular Engineering Transforms the Outlook in Hemophilia AOctober 24, 2018 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss looks at a study that focuses on the activity of prophylactic emicizumab in patients with hemophilia who do not have inhibitors.
- Can We Vaccinate Our Way Out of Multiple Myeloma Progression?October 10, 2018 | Sabrin Tahri, MD | Tarek H. Mouhieddine, MD | Irene M. Ghobrial, MD
Drs. Tahri, Mouhieddine, and Ghobrial discuss studies that evaluate the efficacy of vaccination to prevent multiple myeloma progression.
- Prevention of Central Venous Catheter-Related Thrombosis: Reality or Still a Dream?October 10, 2018 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins discusses low-molecular weight heparin and direct oral anticoagulants for the prevention of central venous catheter-related thrombosis.
- Acquired Clinical Resistance to IDH2 Inhibitors: Leukemia Finds Multiple Avenues for EscapeOctober 03, 2018 | Andrew Roberts, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, FRCPA
Dr. Roberts looks at two studies that help us better understand why patients with IDH2-mutant acute myeloid leukemia may not maintain double remissions.
- Circulating Tumor DNA Measurements to Predict Early Outcome in Diffuse Large B-Cell LymphomasOctober 03, 2018 | Omar Abdel-Wahab, MD
Dr. Abdel-Wahab reviews a study that looks at the use of circulating tumor DNA measurements to predict early outcome in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and calls for implementation of clinical trials.
- Inherited Genetic Variants Increase the Likelihood of Developing Clonal Hematopoiesis: Something Akin to Pre-CHIPOctober 03, 2018 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel discusses a study that helps further our understanding that inherited genetic variants increase the likelihood of developing clonal hematopoiesis.
- A New Therapy for Sickle Cell Disease: FDA Approves Oral L-glutamine for Prevention of Acute Vaso-occlusive Events in Children and AdultsOctober 02, 2018 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun discusses the study that led to FDA approval of oral L-glutamine for the prevention of acute vaso-occlusive events in children and adults with sickle cell disease.
- Interim PET Risk Adapted Therapy for Non-bulky, Early-stage Hodgkin Lymphoma: How Much Therapy Is Just Right?October 02, 2018 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson reviews studies that look at what the appropriate amount of interim PET risk adapted therapy for non-bulky, early-stage Hodgkin lymphoma is.