- And Then There Were 10: Dendritic Cells and Monocytes Undergo a ReclassificationJuly 01, 2017 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss covers a radical revision of the classification of dendritic cells and monocytes.
- Bone Marrow Fecundity: Turning Over New Stem cells in Aplastic AnemiaJuly 01, 2017 | Tracy I. George, MD | Simone Davion, MD
Dr. Davion and Dr. George take a look at a trial that studies the addition of eltrombopag to standard therapy to improve rates of hematologic response in patients with severe aplastic anemia.
- Cautiously Optimistic About Gene Therapy in Sickle Cell Disease: A New Arrow in the Quiver for CureJuly 01, 2017 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun sheds light on how gene therapy provides a new option for curing sickle cell disease, a disease which, so far, only has one FDA-approved disease-modifying agent.
- Cellular Heterogeneity Based on MicronichesJuly 01, 2017 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt discusses cellular heterogeneity emerging on what was thought to be homogeneous cell populations.
- Expanding Host Tumor Immunity, One Neoantigen at a TimeJuly 01, 2017 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson looks at the therapeutic potential of expanding host tumor immunity.
- HERDOO2 Score: How Long to Treat With Anticoagulation?July 01, 2017 | Stephan Moll, MD | Damon E. Houghton, MD, MSc
Dr. Moll and Dr. Houghton discuss, based on the HERDOO2 score, how long to treat a VTE patient with anticoagulation.
- Is Upfront Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation for Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma the Standard?July 01, 2017 | Andrew J. Yee, MD | Noopur Raje, MD
Dr. Raje and Dr. Yee covers the DETERMINATION trial, which will provide greater clarity on how long to use maintenance lenalidomide and whether longer maintenance will narrow the gap in PFS between upfront and deferred transplant approaches.
- More Than an Aspirin a Day to Keep Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism AwayJuly 01, 2017 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins compares reducing the intensity of anticoagulant therapy or switching to aspirin as options for patients who wish to continue being protected from the risk of VTE.
- Redefining Induction FailureJuly 01, 2017 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz discusses a report that provides important new insight into improving the accuracy of induction response assessment by incorporating MRD.