- A New, Uninhibited Approach to the Treatment of Hemophilia AAugust 12, 2016 | David Garcia, MD
Dr. Garcia covers a study that suggests that emicizumab, a bispecific antibody, may allow many patients with Hemophilia A to achieve better hemostasis and might even be a better option than currently available treatments with inhibitors.
- Characterizing Pediatric-Type Nodal Follicular LymphomaAugust 12, 2016 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce provides an overview of pediatric-type nodal follicular lymphoma.
- CML No Longer Means Early DeathAugust 12, 2016 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel reviews a study that looks at an increase in life expectancy for chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patients as CML treatment has changed dramatically over time.
- Confirming a Reasonable Next Step for HSCT in Children with HemoglobinopathiesAugust 12, 2016 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun looks at a trial that provides reasonable data for advancing the care of children with hemoglobinopathies, while highlighting the need for further study.
- Genomic Classification and Prognosis in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaAugust 12, 2016 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss looks at updates regarding the genomic classification of and treatment approaches to acute myeloid leukemia.
- Role of Salvage Autologous Transplant in Multiple MyelomaAugust 12, 2016
Dr. Raje and Dr. O'Donnell look at a study that proves there is a role for salvage autologous stem cell transplantation in the second-line setting for multiple myeloma patients.
- Sinking the SHP That Drives MalignancyAugust 12, 2016 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer talks about the discovery of SHP099, which represents an exciting breakthrough and a promising treatment approach for RTK-driven cancers.
- Strength in NumbersAugust 12, 2016
Dr. Hoggatt and Dr. Chou discuss a study that reviews efforts to expand the numbers of human CD34+ cells for transplantation.
- Successful Treatment Reduction in Childhood ALLAugust 12, 2016 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz looks at the possibility of therapy reduction in carefully defined good risk subsets due to improvements in acute lymphoblastic leukemia outcomes.