- Venetoclax Regimens in Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Do We Have the Answers?January 13, 2020 | January-February 2020, Volume 17, Issue 1
Dr. O'Dwyer and Dr. Huselton look at studies that observe the use of venetoclax regimens to treat acute myeloid leukemia in older patients or patients with comorbidities unable to use intensive induction chemotherapy.
- Outfoxing OXPHOS: Amino Acid Metabolism and the Leukemia Stem CellOctober 17, 2019 | November-December 2019, Volume 16, Issue 6
Drs. O'Dwyer and Liesveld discuss unique metabolic dependencies of the leukemia stem cell, particularly amino acid metabolism to maintain OXPHOS for their survival.
- Chemoimmunotherapy in Advanced-Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma: Can We Define a Unified Regimen for All Ages?August 20, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Drs. Friedberg and O'Dwyer discuss a study designed to examine the efficacy of combining nivolumab and BV with a chemotherapy backbone of AVD as initial treatment for older children and adult patients with newly diagnosed stage III or IV classical Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Three Identical Strangers, One Pressing QuestionJune 12, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Kristen O'Dwyer discusses "Three Identical Strangers," a documentary film about triplet boys born to a single mother and adopted by three separate families, who later learn of each other's existence after a chance encounter and discover they were unwitting participants in a research study.
- On the Road to a Better CAR: Identifying the Variables Associated With a Durable Response to CAR T-Cell Therapy in Relapsed/Refractory B-ALLJune 05, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Fries and Dr. O'Dwyer discuss reported data on a cohort of adult patients with relapsed/refractory B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia who received lymphodepleting chemotherapy followed by an infusion of autologous T cells, and look at variables associated with durable CAR-T therapy response.
- A Step Forward in the Treatment of Adolescent and Young Adult B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaApril 15, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Dr. Boulware and Dr. O'Dwyer discuss a study that tested the efficacy and feasibility of a pediatric regimen for adolescent and young adult patients with newly diagnosed B- or T-lineage Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Comprehensive Genomic Classification of Pediatric Mixed-Phenotype Acute LeukemiaFebruary 13, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Dr. O'Dwyer and Dr. Becker review several reports that provide a comprehensive genomic analysis of pediatric mixed phenotype acute leukemia, comparing its "genomic landscape" to other pediatric acute leukemia subtypes.