- Single-cell Genomics Reveals the Cellular Landscape of Bone Marrow Stromal CellsOctober 28, 2019 | Onima Chowdhury, MD, PhD | Adam Mead, MD, PhD
Drs. Chowdhury and Mead review a study that provides insights into cellular heterogeneity of mouse bone marrow stromal cells, which serve as a comprehensive resource for researchers studying the bone marrow niche.
- Voxelotor: Changing the Disease by Changing the ConformationOctober 23, 2019 | Samuel Wilson, MD | Ifeyinwa (Ify) Osunkwo, MD, MPH | Kathleen Monahan, DO | Jane Little, MD
Drs. Wilson, Monahan, Little, and Osunkwo discuss a trial that tests voxelotor, a new disease-modifying therapy being considered for sickle cell disease.
- A Novel Immunotherapy for T-ALLOctober 17, 2019 | Caroline Diorio, MD, FRCPC, FAAP | David T. Teachey, MD
Drs. Diorio and Teachey discuss the work of researchers that developed two monoclonal antibodies targeting IL-7Rα that proved effective when used separately or in combination in several models of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Outfoxing OXPHOS: Amino Acid Metabolism and the Leukemia Stem CellOctober 17, 2019 | Kristen M. O'Dwyer, MD | Jane L. Liesveld, MD
Drs. O'Dwyer and Liesveld discuss unique metabolic dependencies of the leukemia stem cell, particularly amino acid metabolism to maintain OXPHOS for their survival.
- Pressing PAUSE on Direct Oral Anticoagulants for Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Who Require Invasive ProceduresOctober 17, 2019 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins discusses a study that evaluated the safety of a standardized perioperative management strategy for patients with atrial fibrillation taking direct oral anticoagulants who required elective surgery or procedure.
- RewIRE(1α)ing the Unfolded Protein Response in Multiple MyelomaOctober 08, 2019 | Michael P. Agius, PhD | Sabrin Tahri, MD | Irene M. Ghobrial, MD
Drs. Agius, Tahri, and Ghobrial reconsider the standard-of-care regimen for multiple myeloma.
- Improving Cancer Prognostication Using Dynamic and Longitudinal ModelingOctober 07, 2019 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson reviews a study that looks at improving cancer prognostication by using dynamic and longitudinal modeling.
- RIP FCR?October 04, 2019 | Brad Kahl, MD
Dr. Kahl explores whether the FCR regimen persists as teh standard of care first-line treatment for chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
- Does Your MDS Treatment Have Mettle? The Utility of Iron Chelation Is Always a Point of Discussion in MDSSeptember 23, 2019 | Amy DeZern, MD, MHS
Dr. DeZern discusses the utility of iron chelation therapy in myelodysplastic syndromes.