ASH Greatest Needs Fund
Hematology is a dynamic field with exciting breakthroughs occurring on a regular basis. However, many challenges exist that hinder continued advancement in the field, including limited support for training, quality care initiatives, and high-risk, high-reward research.
ASH seeks to address issues of critical importance facing the global hematology community. The ASH Greatest Needs Fund allows for these types of challenges to be met and, in many cases, makes an immediate impact by enhancing and expanding new, innovative programs and services that benefit hematologists worldwide.
"Without ASH, hematology's past would not be as productive as it has been, and its future would not be as promising as it is. It's that simple. A gift to the ASH Foundation is an investment in people who are certain to positively impact the lives of millions of patients with blood disorders globally."
Gifts in Action
Below are a few recent examples of how gifts to the ASH Greatest Needs Fund have been put to expeditious and excellent use:
- Provided seed money to launch new ASH Hematology Workforce Study in 2017
- Piloted new Advanced Clinical Research Training Institute in Latin America in 2017
- Funded 19 additional awards for the ASH Visitor Training Program and Latin American Training Program in 2017-2018
- Provided honoraria for patient/family representatives to serve on new sickle cell guideline panels, which are part of ASH’s comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Initiative
- Piloted a new Trainee Day at Highlights of ASH in Asia-Pacific in March 2017 focused on clinical research
- Providing travel stipends for returning Health Volunteers Overseas participants in 2017
- Launching two new web-based training modules for non-malignant hematology, focusing on coagulation and sickle cell disease
How You Can Help
Your donation to the ASH Greatest Needs Fund will help advance fundamental efforts vital to ensuring that key insights in the understanding of blood disorders continue to advance health care on many fronts.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax deductible as allowed by law.
back to top