- Surround and Protect! Expression of PD-L1 on Tumor-Associated Macrophages in Classic Hodgkin LymphomaFebruary 27, 2018 | Annette S. Kim, MD, PhD
Dr. Kim looks at two studies that reaffirm the association between high macrophage counts and poor response to several traditional chemotherapy regimens, and remarkable responses to PD-L1-directed immunotherapy in relapsed/refractory cHL.
- Novel Insights From Comprehensive Genomic Profiling of T Cell Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaFebruary 22, 2018 | David T. Teachey, MD
Dr. Teachey reviews a study that helps expand understanding of T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia biology.
- Beyond Ibrutinib for Mantle Cell LymphomaFebruary 21, 2018 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson looks at a study that considers therapies other than ibrutinib for mantle cell lymphoma.
- Deconstructing the Threat of the Fava BeanFebruary 21, 2018 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss reviews the pathogenesis and potential eradication of favism.
- When Does Monoclonal Gammopathy Acquire Significance?February 08, 2018
Drs. Bustoros, Liu, Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, and Ghobrial look at studies by Dr. Robert Kyle that have transformed the landscape of precursor conditions is plasma cell malignancies and cancer, specifically the understanding of MGUS.
- Complexity of DNA Repair From Alcohol Damage RevealedFebruary 07, 2018
Dr. Chew and Dr. Roberts discuss the types of DNA damage caused by alcohol and different mechanisms required to repair them.
- RNA Methyltransferases As a New Therapeutic Target in LeukemiaFebruary 07, 2018 | Omar Abdel-Wahab, MD
Dr. Abdel-Wahab takes a look at studies that explore the enzyme METTL3 and RNA methyltransferases as a novel therapy for acute myeloid leukemia.
- Physicians Beware: Direct Oral Anticoagulants Do Interact With Some Commonly Used DrugsFebruary 05, 2018 | Lori-Ann Linkins, MD, MSc(Clin Epi), FRCPC
Dr. Linkins discusses data on the potential for interaction between DOACs and selected drugs but warns that results should be interpreted with caution.
- Can Iron Every (Other) Day Keep the Doctor Away?February 02, 2018 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel looks at a study that recommends dosing of oral iron to be once every other day, rather than twice-daily, to overcome the hepcidin-mediated block of iron absorption.
- What We Know and Do Not Know About Chronic Pain in Adults With Sickle Cell DiseaseFebruary 02, 2018 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun discusses available information regarding the most common problem affecting 50 percent of adults with sickle cell disease, recurrent chronic pain.