- Another Therapeutic Agent in the Pipeline for Preventing Acute Vaso-Occlusive Events in Sickle Cell DiseaseMay 01, 2017 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun looks at experiments using ARQ 092 as a possible therapeutic agent for preventing acute vaso-occlusive events in sickle cell disease.
- Anticoagulation Failure in Venous Thromboembolism: Should We Test for JAK2 V617F or CALR Mutations?May 01, 2017
Dr. Moll and Dr. Reeves look at anticoagulation failures in venous thromboembolism and whether JAK2 V617F and CALR mutation screening should be required.
- High Prevalence of Ph-Like ALL Across the Age SpectrumMay 01, 2017 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz looks at a report that shows that Ph-like ALL is common across the age spectrum.
- Identification of Recurrent Mutations in NFKBIE in Chemotherapy-Resistant Primary Mediastinal B-Cell LymphomaMay 01, 2017 | Caron A. Jacobson, MD
Dr. Jacobson reviews a study that highlights the role of disregulated NFKB signaling in a subset of chemoresistant PMBL and offers potential new therapeutic targets.
- Precision Medicine at Work: Genetic Profiling to Guide Stem-Cell Transplantation in Myelodysplastic SyndromesMay 01, 2017 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel reviews the use of genetic profiling to guide stem-cell transplantation in myelodysplastic syndromes.
- SAMHD1 Is a Targetable Enzyme That Regulates Cytarabine EfficacyMay 01, 2017 | Omar Abdel-Wahab, MD
Dr. Abdel-Wahab discusses the effects of SAMHD1 depletion on the response to multiple chemotherapeutic agents.
- Seeing the FutureMay 01, 2017 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt discusses a study that questions whether deep learning would predict lineage decisions by hematopoietic stem cells.
- Stopping Imatinib in CML: Safe in the Long Term for Deep Molecular Responders As the Immune System Steps UpMay 01, 2017 | Andrew Roberts, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, FRCPA
Dr. Roberts reviews the use of imatinib in treating chronic myeloid leukemia and whether it can be ceased indefinitely in patients who have achieved durable deep remission where BCR-ABL1 transcripts are undetectable.
- Taking a BiTE out of Relapsed or Refractory Acute Lymphocytic LeukaemiaMay 01, 2017 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss reviews the first trial to show that an immunotherapeutic agent improves survival over chemotherapy in relapsed or refractory ALL patients.
- Utility of Flow Cytometry in Amyloid Light-Chain AmyloidosisMay 01, 2017
Dr. George discusses the use of multiparametric flow cytometry in patients with amyloid light-chain amyloidosis, at diagnosis and at the end of treatment.