- Combining Daratumumab With Backbone Antimyeloma AgentsOctober 28, 2016
Dr. Raje reviews a study that compares daratumumab, lenalidomide, and dexamethasone with lenalidomide and dexamethasone alone for the treatment of patients with multiple myeloma who have received one prior line of therapy.
- CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing: With a Little Help From My FriendsOctober 28, 2016 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer discusses a study that looks at a therapeutic genome editing strategy where a benign naturally occurring mutation is repeated ex vivo in cells from SCD patients.
- IDH1-Mutant Leukemias Impair DNA Damage Repair Due to TET2-Independent Downregulation of ATMOctober 28, 2016
Dr. Abdel-Wahab and Dr. Taylor study the biology of mutant IDH1 in a myeloid-specific context with the additive effect of aging, and highlight one of the TET2-independent consequences of 2HG.
- If We Could Turn Back Time: Danazol Preserves Telomere Length in Patients With Telomere DysfunctionOctober 28, 2016 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel discusses studies carried out to determine the efficacy of androgens to treat or prevent other disease manifestations associated with short telomere syndromes.
- Refining Risk Stratification in Relapsed Childhood B-Lymphoblastic LeukemiaOctober 28, 2016
Dr. George and Dr. Yan look at a comprehensive genetic study of relapsed childhood B-ALL, which provides compelling evidence that refining risk classification by integrating genetic and clinical risk factors improves patient stratification and outcome.
- Targeting CD22 in Adult Acute Lymphocytic LeukemiaOctober 28, 2016 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz looks at a highly promising new monoclonal antibody therapy for CD22-positive B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Targeting PD-1 Classical Hodgkin LymphomaOctober 28, 2016 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce looks at clinical trials that compare nivolumab and pembrolizumab and demonstrate the efficacy of targeting PD-1 in classical Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Universal Precautions Help Decrease Rate of Exercise-Related Death in Patient With Sickle Cell TraitOctober 28, 2016 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun talks about the need for further research in efforts to update and implement universal procedures to prevent unnecessary death and acute illness for college and high school athletes with SCD.