- Fox Drives CAR Cells in NicheJuly 17, 2014 | Mark J. Koury, MD
Dr. Koury reviews a study that demonstrates the crucial role that Foxc1 expression in bone marrow plays in the establishment and maintenance
of the hematopoietic niche.
- Skip the Shake and Mind the MarrowJuly 01, 2014
Dr. Marks and Dr. Kurre review a study that explores the relationship between Western diets and adiposity, and how this relationship impacts the function of hematopoietic stem
and progenitor cells.
- The von Willebrand Factor Assembly Line Gets LongerJuly 01, 2014 | Pete Lollar, MD
Dr. Lollar reviews a study that provides additional evidence that autophagy is involved in the regulation of protien expression in certain specialized cell types, including endothelial
- Collective Action at the Cell Surface: Antibodies Club Together to Activate ComplementJune 16, 2014 | Peter Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson reviews a study that has important implications for the design of antibodies that are aimed at activating complement.
- Lymphoid Cancers Thwart Marrow Response to Therapeutic Antibodies, But Chemotherapy Triggers “ASAP” to Save the DayJune 16, 2014 | Pamela S. Becker, MD, PhD
Dr. Becker reviews a study that has identified a mechanism by which the microenvironment confers resistance to antibody therapy.
- NF-κB is Key in Mantle Cell LymphomaJune 16, 2014 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce reviews a study that identifies the critical role of NF-κB signaling in MCL and provides key insights into the pathogenic mechanisms in ibrutinib-sensitive and -resistant MCL.
- Refining Anticoagulation with Dabigatran: Can We RE-LY on a No-Monitoring Paradigm?June 16, 2014
Dr. Carlos Villa and Dr. Adam Cuker review a study that looks into how and whether variability in plasma drug concentrations might impact clinical outcomes.
- Yet Another Mechanism of Action for Hydroxyurea in Sickle Cell Disease?June 16, 2014 | Charles T. Quinn, MD, MS
Dr. Quinn reviews a study that may add to the growing list of mechanisms of action for the multiple therapeutic benefits
of HU beyond induction of HbF expression.
- Red Cells, RNA, and Regulation: The Plot ThickensMay 06, 2014 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer reviews a study that identifies a repertoire of erythroid lncRNAs and provides evidence of another layer of regulation in the complex process of erythropoiesis.