- A Life in HematologyFebruary 01, 2014 | David G. Nathan, MD
Dr. David Nathan shares his unique perspective on hematology and on what it takes to be a hematologist.
- Jane Desforges, MD (1921-2013)February 01, 2014 | Robert S. Schwartz, MD
Dr. Jane Desforges, an eminent member of the hematology community and former ASH president (1984-1985), died in Melrose, MA, on September 7, 2013, at the age of 91.
- Janet Davison Rowley, MD (1925-2013)February 01, 2014 | Richard A. Larson , MD
Janet Davison Rowley, MD (1925-2013)
Professor of Medicine, Section of Hematology/Oncology, University of Chicago
Dr. Janet D. Rowley died at her home in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago on December 17, 2013, from recurrent ovarian cancer. She was 88 years old. Dr. Rowley
- John M. Goldman, DM (1938-2013)February 01, 2014
Dr. Robert Peter Gale and Dr. Armand Keating honor the life of this renaissance hematologist.
- Mentor Recognition – Eugene OrringerFebruary 01, 2014 | Julia E. Brittain, PhD
Dr. Julia Brittain honors her mentor Dr. Eugene Orringer.