- Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks: Eradication of Leukemia Stem CellsDecember 29, 2015 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer discusses a study that provides insights into the potential of new drugs to treat CML.
- A New Crystal Ball: Day-30 Mutation Analysis after AML InductionNovember 02, 2015 | Pamela S. Becker, MD, PhD
Dr. Becker discusses the many mutations identified in acute myeloid leukemia and the efforts of investigators to find a practical application of this information in modifying treatment.
- Anti-CD47 Therapy Is More Than a Dinner BellOctober 19, 2015 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt looks at the therapeutic effects of blocking CD47 aside from alerting macrophages to devour tumor cells.
- Excluding Heparin-induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT): Is a Low 4Ts Score Sufficient?October 19, 2015 | David Garcia, MD
Dr. Garcia reviews a study that shows the importance of an accurate 4Ts assessment.
- M7FLIPI: A Follicular Lymphoma Prognostic Model for the 21st CenturyOctober 19, 2015 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce discusses a new prognostic model in follicular lymphoma that incorporates both genetic and clinical factors.
- Monoclonal Antibodies in the Treatment of Multiple Myeloma with a Focus on Elotuzumab and DaratumumabOctober 19, 2015
Drs. Raje and Yee discuss two trials with elotuzumab and daratumumab that use monoclonal antibodies in the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- Ruptured Megakaryocytes Rapidly Release New Platelets in Response to Interleukin-1αOctober 19, 2015 | Mark J. Koury, MD
Dr. Koury studies increase in platelet production and size due to the IL-1α-induced megakaryocyte rupture mechanism of rapid platelet production.
- Targeting the Purine Biosynthesis Pathway in Relapsed ALLOctober 19, 2015 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz looks at a study that highlights the importance of the purine synthesis pathway in relapsed ALL.
- Turning the Tide on Dabigatran-Associated BleedingOctober 19, 2015
Dr. Cuker studies the use of idarucizumab, a monoclonal antibody fragment, to reverse the anticoagulant effect of dabigatran in bleeding patients.