- A Synthetic Lethal Approach to Treat Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Patients with Isocitrate Dehydrogenase MutationsJune 08, 2015 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer discusses a synthetic lethal approach to treating AML in patients with isocitrate dehydrogenase mutations, and the importance of a personalized approach to cancer chemotherapy.
- Designer Babies?June 08, 2015 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt discusses implications of genomic engineering, and suggests that attention on the issue should be focused, presently, on therapies in somatic cells to treat children and adults with genetic diseases.
- Up Close and Personal: Implanted Devices for Chemotherapy Testing of Tumors in PatientsJune 08, 2015 | Pamela S. Becker, MD, PhD
Dr. Becker takes a close look at implanted devices for chemotherapy testing of tumors, technological limitations, and major challenges for future development of the technology.
- Fresher Blood is Not Necessarily Better BloodJune 05, 2015
Drs. George and Lockhart look at the ABLE and RECESS trials to determine the extent to which RBC storage duration affects the blood supply used for RBC transfusions.
- New Light on an Old DrugJune 05, 2015 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz discusses a study that brings attention to the use of mercaptopurine (MP) in the maintenance phase of pediatric ALL therapy.
- Circulating Tumor Specific DNA: A Promising Biomarker in Diffuse Large B-cell LymphomaJune 01, 2015 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce looks at the advantages that come with monitoring circulating tumor DNA in patients with DLBCL, to determine treatment, such as accuracy, cost, and safety.
- Less Autophagy in Myeloid Precursors Boosts Neutrophil CountsJune 01, 2015 | Mark J. Koury, MD
Dr. Koury discusses how inhibiting autophagy can increase production of functional neutrophils in the treatment of patients with chemotherapy-induced neutropenia.
- STAT3 as a Common Pathway for Anaplastic Lymphomas: Something to Target in ALK-Negative Types?June 01, 2015 | Peter W.M. Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson evaluates a study that suggests potential new treatment approaches for ALK-negative ALCL by looking at inhibitors of the JAK/STAT3 pathway.