- Look, Ma! No Complement!May 01, 2015 | Charles T. Quinn, MD, MS
Dr. Quinn studies experiments that evaluate DGKE deficiency and its effect in activation and damage of endothelial cells, and as a cause of eHUS independent of complement activation.
- The Tumor Microenvironment as a Key to MPN PathogenesisApril 09, 2015 | Tracy I. George, MD
Dr. George discusses a study that looks at the intricate interactions between malignant cells and supporting cells in the BM microenvironment of MPN.
- A Novel Strategy to Cure OncomiR AddictionApril 03, 2015 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer looks at a study that demonstrates an important advance in targeted RNA therapy and its advantages.
- Diagnostic Advances in Multiple Myeloma: The Role of Magnetic Resonance ImagingApril 03, 2015
Dr. Raje and Dr. O'Donnell take a look at the use of magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnostic evaluation of multiple myeloma, in order to better manage these diseases.
- Ebola Infection in MiceApril 03, 2015 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt discusses a study of humanized mouse models infected with the Ebola virus, to be used as a research tool for preclinical development of novel antivirals and vaccines to combat the deadly disease.
- Immunomodulation: An Interesting Off-target Effect of IbrutinibApril 03, 2015 | Peter Johnson, MD
Dr. Johnson reviews a study that looks at some beneficial side effects of Ibrutinib.
- Too Many RBCs or Platelets Stall Blood Flow in Cerebral CapillariesApril 03, 2015 | Mark J. Koury, MD
Dr. Koury evaluates the stalled blood flow in increased percentages of cerebral capillaries in PV and ET.