- Targeted Therapy to Trigger GVL: A Case for the Prosecution in FLT3-ITD–Mutant AMLMay 02, 2018 | May-June 2018, Volume 15, Issue 3
Dr. Roberts sheds light on a mechanism by which a small molecule inhibitor targeting a leukemia-specific kinase mutation can trigger an effective CD8 T cell-mediated allo-immune response that leads to durable leukemia control.
- Complexity of DNA Repair From Alcohol Damage RevealedFebruary 07, 2018 | March-April 2018, Volume 15, Issue 2
Dr. Chew and Dr. Roberts discuss the types of DNA damage caused by alcohol and different mechanisms required to repair them.
- Lighting the Path to Personalized Medicine for Hematologic Malignancies: Lessons From an AML Knowledge BankDecember 22, 2017 | January-February 2018, Volume 15, Issue 1
Dr. Roberts discusses a model known as the AML knowledge bank that outperformed current standard prognostic criteria in predicting individual survival outcomes and could be used as a decision support tool for individual patient treatment recommendations in the effort to bring precision medicine to the forefront.
- A Randomized Trial in a Rare Cancer: Targeting CD30 in Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma Yields Therapeutic DividendsOctober 11, 2017 | November-December 2017, Volume 14, Issue 6
Dr. Roberts discusses a trial that looks at new therapies to be tested for the treatment of a rare cancer, cutaneous T cell lymphoma.
- CHIP and Coronary Heart Disease: Clonal Hematopoiesis Increases AtherosclerosisAugust 14, 2017 | September-October 2017, Volume 14, Issue 5
Dr. Roberts looks at a study that confirms that clonal hematopoiesis with single mutations is associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease.
- Can Chemoimmunotherapy Be Improved As Front-Line Therapy for CLL in Fit Patients?July 01, 2017 | July-August 2017, Volume 14, Issue 4
Dr. Roberts looks at whether chemoimmunotherapy can be improved as a front-line therapy for chronic lymphocytic leukemia in fit patients.
- Stopping Imatinib in CML: Safe in the Long Term for Deep Molecular Responders As the Immune System Steps UpMay 01, 2017 | May-June 2017, Volume 14, Issue 3
Dr. Roberts reviews the use of imatinib in treating chronic myeloid leukemia and whether it can be ceased indefinitely in patients who have achieved durable deep remission where BCR-ABL1 transcripts are undetectable.
- Relapsed CLL: A Problem, Not Yet SolvedFebruary 15, 2017 | March-April 2017, Volume 14, Issue 2
Dr. Roberts reviews two studies that demonstrate that challenges remain regarding therapy of CLL in patients at higher risk for relapse as well as those who experience progression on a kinase inhibitor.