- Off the Shelf: Stoner by John WilliamsAugust 22, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
Dr. David Steensma gives his recommendation of a book that shows there can be value in a life that seems unfulfilled.
- We'll Get Practice Pronouncing Schinzel Giedion: Somatic SET BP1 Mutations in Myeloid NeoplasmsNovember 01, 2013 | November-December 2013, Volume 10, Issue 6
Dr. Steensma reviews new studies that reveals that SETBP1 mutations are present in a percent of secondary AML (sAML) and some CMML cases in the Makishima series and in a percentage of patients with the pediatric MDS/MPN juvenile myelomonocytic leukemia (JMML) in the Sakaguchi cohort.
- Treatment of B-ALL With CD19-Specific Chimeric Antigen Receptor T CellsSeptember 01, 2013 | September-October 2013, Volume 10, Issue 5
- A New Mechanism for Resistance to Nucleoside Analogues in ALLJuly 01, 2013 | July-August 2013, Volume 10, Issue 4
Zuzana Tothova, MD, PhD, and David Steensma, MD, discuss studies that demonstrate a new mechanism, underlying relapse in a subset of patients with ALL.
- The Effects of Leukemogenic Isocitrate Dehydrogenase 1 Mutations on Proliferation and Differentiation are ReversibleMay 01, 2013 | May-June 2013, Volume 10, Issue 3
Dr. David P. Steensma discusses the importance of understanding that the effects of leukemogenic isocitrate dehydrogenase 1 are reversible.
- On Distressed Wood and the Origin of Acute LeukemiaMarch 01, 2013 | March-April 2013, Volume 10, Issue 2
David P. Steensma, MD, relays recent research on the origin and clonal evolution of AML.
- Difficult But Not Impossible: A New Approach to Treatment of Myelodysplastic Syndromes/Chronic Myelomonocytic LeukemiaJanuary 01, 2013 | January-February 2013, Volume 10, Issue 1
David P. Steensma, MD, highlight a recent trial about new potential approaches to MDS.
- An Updated Risk Model That Improves Prognostic Forecasting in Myelodysplastic SyndromesNovember 01, 2012 | November-December 2012, Volume 9, Issue 6
An Updated Risk Model That Improves Prognostic Forecasting in Myelodysplastic SyndromesDr. Steensma indicated no relevant conflicts of interest. Greenberg PL, Tuechler H, Schanz J, et al. Revised International Prognostic Scoring System (IPSS R) for myelodysplastic syndromes. Blood. 2012 120 2454
- Somatic Mosaicism: It's Tough Getting OlderSeptember 01, 2012 | September-October 2012, Volume 9, Issue 5
Somatic Mosaicism It's Tough Getting OlderDr. Steensma indicated no relevant conflicts of interest. Jacobs KB, Yeager M, Zhou W, et al. Detectable clonal mosaicism and its relationship to aging and cancer. Nat Genet. 2012 44 651 658. Somatic mosaicism, the
- Moving Beyond Elementary Mathematics in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaJuly 01, 2012 | July-August 2012, Volume 9, Issue 4
Moving Beyond Elementary Mathematics in Acute Myeloid LeukemiaDrs. Steensma and Ebert indicated no relevant conflicts of interest. Patel JP, Gönen M, Figueroa ME, et al. Prognostic relevance of integrated genetic profiling in acute myeloid leukemia. N Engl J Med. 2012