- BTK Inhibition Saunters to the Front of the Line in CLLJanuary 01, 2017 | Paul Moss, PhD
Dr. Moss covers updates in the management of the most common subtype of leukemia, CLL. He focuses on the value of BTK inhibition.
- CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing: A New Era in Characterizing and Treating Hematologic DiseaseJanuary 01, 2017 | Theresa Coetzer, PhD
Dr. Coetzer looks at advances in CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing as well as critical aspects that must be addressed and optimized before the technology can be implemented in a clinical setting to treat patients.
- Hematology... Literally and SeriouslyJanuary 01, 2017 | Jason Gotlib, MD, MS
Dr. Gotlib provides his perspective on how the groundbreaking progress in hematology achieved during 2016 has come about as well as the need to navigate the new administration to show how seriously we take hematology.
- HIT Me With Your Best Shot: Promising Advances in HIT Prevention and TreatmentJanuary 01, 2017 | Sioban Keel, MD
Dr. Keel reviews promising advances during 2016 in HIT prevention and treatment, while mentioning the need for further trials to confirm the safety and efficacy of existing anticoagulants.
- Improving Our Ability to Treat Patients with Qualitative and Quantitative Platelet DisordersJanuary 01, 2017 | David Garcia, MD
Dr. Garcia takes a look at the best of 2016 in the field of platelet disorders and within nonmalignant hematology through a randomized trial that compared standard care to standard care plus platelet transfusion in adult patients who were taking antiplatelet drugs and experienced ICH.
- Novel Insights Into Mitochondrial Regulation of HematopoiesisJanuary 01, 2017 | Jonathan Hoggatt, PhD
Dr. Hoggatt covers novel insights in 2016 that show that HSC mitochondria may regulate hematopoiesis and predicts 2017 will shed more light on these HSC-niche interactions.
- Practice-Changing Daratumumab Combinations for the Treatment of Multiple MyelomaJanuary 01, 2017
Dr. Raje, Dr. Yee and Dr. O'Donnell discuss various daratumumab combinations that have emerged as options for the treatment of multiple myeloma.
- Progress and Promise: Precision Medicine for Patients With Acute Myeloid LeukemiaJanuary 01, 2017
Dr. Abdel-Wahab and Dr. Taylor review the progress made during 2016 in understanding the molecular underpinnings of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) as well as in the use of precision medicine for patients with AML.
- Tectonic Shifts in the 2016 Treatment Landscapes for Acute Lymphocytic LeukemiaJanuary 01, 2017 | Elizabeth Raetz, MD
Dr. Raetz reviews changes that have emerged in 2016 in the treatment of acute lymphocytic leukemia for both children and adults.
- The Evolution of Immunotherapy in LymphomaJanuary 01, 2017 | Ann S. LaCasce, MD, MSc
Dr. LaCasce discusses data that emerged in 2016 for novel immunotherapy approaches in Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
- The Year's Best in Myeloproliferative NeoplasmsJanuary 01, 2017
Dr. George and Dr. Allen discuss advances in the field of myeloproliferative neoplasms that have come about in 2016.
- The Year's Best in Sickle Cell DiseaseJanuary 01, 2017 | Michael DeBaun, MD, MPH
Dr. DeBaun covers updates in the treatment of sickle cell disease that have come about during 2016 and discusses the potential availability of a new therapy for the prevention of vaso-occlusive pain episodes in adults with SCD.
- Treatment of Hemophilia: On the Precipice of a RevolutionJanuary 01, 2017 | Adam Cuker, MD, MS
Dr. Cuker talks about advances in the treatment of hemophilia and the potential for more effective and more convenient treatments and even cure, calling it an exciting time in hemophilia.