Are you a community based hematologist-oncologist working in clinical practice?
The American Society of Hematology is pleased to announce to a select group of clinical hematologists the first offering of its new Consultative Hematology Course. This special session will be offered to a limited audience during the 2011 ASH Annual Meeting in San Diego, so you can take advantage of a unique educational opportunity without incurring additional travel or hotel expenses.
Utilizing an interactive, case-based format, the course is designed to provide updates in non-malignant hematology to community practitioners who were trained as hematologists(-oncologists), but who now see patients with non-malignant hematologic disorders on a less frequent basis. Well-known faculty will provide participants with updates in six different areas and opportunities for Q&A :
- Peri-Operative Bleeding: Barbara A. Konkle, MD, Puget Sound Blood Center
- IVC Filter Management - When and How: Michael B. Streiff, MD, Johns Hopkins Anticoagulation Management Service
- Pregnancy Hematology: Marc J. Kahn, MD, Tulane University School of Medicine
- Transfusion Challenges: Walter “Sunny” Dzik, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Low Counts in the Hospital: Terry Gernsheimer, MD, University of Washington and Puget Sound Blood Center
- New Oral Inhibitors: Jeffrey Weitz, MD, FRCP(C), FACP, McMaster University
The first course will be offered during the ASH Annual Meeting on Monday morning, December 12, 2011, from 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. Discounted registration fees are available to physicians who are registered for the Annual Meeting.
If you are attending ASH in San Diego or are planning to, go to the ASH registration login page:
53rd ASH Annual Meeting and Exposition
If you are already registered for the Annual Meeting, you may access your account and add the Consultative Hematology Course to your record, then proceed to check-out. If you have not yet registered for the Annual Meeting, you will need to complete the process first. If you do not see the course listed, please call the ASH Registration Center at 703-449-6418; toll free 888-273-5704.
Registrations will also be accepted from physicians not attending the annual meeting. For rates and to register, call the ASH Registration Center at 703-449-6418; toll free 888-273-5704.
Reserve your spot today, as attendance is limited!
back to top