You are eligible to apply if you
- have a doctoral degree or its equivalent,
- have made a contribution to the field of hematology, and
- reside outside of Canada, Mexico, or the United States
As an International member you will receive
Complimentary subscriptions to ASH publications, which include
- Blood (online only)*, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology (the ASH Education Program)
- The Hematologist, ASH News and Reports
- ASH NewsLink, monthly e-newsletter of the Society
- ASH Clinical News (online only)*
Exclusive annual meeting benefits, which include
- more than $400 discount on registration
- access to the advance priority housing
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- advance mailing of the preliminary program
Resources for practitioners, which include
- Consult-a-Colleague service
- listing in the Find-a-Hematologist directory
- more than $100 discount on the American Society of Hematology Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
Eligibility for and exclusive access to
- ASH awards and grants
- discounts on small meeting registrations
- discounts on other educational products
- ASH International Member Committee
- online ASH member directory
- Service on ASH governing committees
* International members will receive a complimentary online-only subscription to Blood and ASH Clinical News. If you are interested in receiving a print subscription as well, there is an annual postage surcharge of $100 for Blood.
You will pay
$350 annual fee
Prepayment is required to apply for ASH membership. Payment made at the time of online application submission will be applied towards your first year of dues.
Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year, from January 1 to December 31. ASH members are required to renew their memberships for each year in succession. Those who let their memberships lapse must pay their dues for the lapsed year(s) or re-apply according to the schedule below in order to have their memberships reinstated.
The Executive Committee considers ASH International membership applications twice per year. The deadlines for receipt
of completed International membership applications are March 1, for consideration in spring, and August 1, for consideration during the Annual Meeting in December.
International applications received by August 1 will not be approved prior to annual meeting. Resulting memberships will begin the following January.
Create a new account to apply online. If you already have an account or are an existing applicant, please log in.
You will need the following information in order to complete your application:
- Name, email address, and ASH Member ID of the ASH member who is sponsoring you
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the Active and International membership application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 202-292-0250 or mail it to:
ASH Membership Department
back to top
2021 L Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20036