You are eligible to apply if you
- are a post-doctoral fellow with an MD or equivalent medical degree, reside in Canada, Mexico, or the United States, and are enrolled in an ACGME-accredited hematology or oncology training program,
are a student who has a PhD,
resides in Canada, Mexico, or the United States of America, and are in a post-doctoral
position or training program in a hematology and/or hematology/oncology related
Fellows enrolled in the ASH Fundamentals for Hematology Fellows (FHF) program do not need to apply for associate membership as it is a benefit of the FHF program. Fellows will receive a welcome kit from ASH once their institution’s FHF enrollment is complete.
As an Associate member you will receive
Complimentary subscriptions to ASH publications, which include
- Blood, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology (the ASH Education Program)
- The Hematologist, ASH News and Reports
- ASH NewsLink and TraineE-News
- ASH Clinical News
Exclusive annual meeting benefits, which include
- discount on registration
- access to the advance priority housing
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- advance mailing of the preliminary program
Educational resources, which include
- more than $200 discount on the American Society of Hematology Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
- discounts on small meeting registrations
- discounts on other educational products
Eligibility for and exclusive access to
- ASH awards and grants
- ASH Trainee Council and select ASH Committees
- online ASH member directory
You will pay
$55 annual fee
Prepayment is required to apply for ASH membership. Payment made at the time of online application submission will be applied towards your first year of dues.
Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year, from January 1 to December 31. ASH members are required to renew their memberships for each year in succession. Those who let their memberships lapse must pay their dues for the lapsed year(s) or re-apply according to the schedule below in order to have their memberships reinstated.
ASH Associate membership applications are considered on a rolling basis. However, please note that it takes 2-3 weeks to process these applications.
Create a new account to apply online. If you already have an account or are an existing applicant, please log in.
You will need the following information in order to complete your application:
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter from your Training Program Director certifying that you are a post-doctoral fellow or trainee, indicating the type of program, and specifying the expected completion date
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the Associate membership application and email it to email@example.com, fax it to 202-292-0250, or mail it to:
back to top
PO Box 251
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701