NEW! International Associate Membership
You are eligible to apply if you
- are a post-doctoral fellow with an MD or equivalent medical degree, reside outside of Canada, Mexico, or the United States, and are enrolled in an approved hematology or oncology training program or medical school,
- are a student who has a PhD or its equivalent, resides outside of Canada, Mexico, or the United States of America, and are in a post-doctoral position or training program in a hematology and/or hematology/oncology related field.
As an International Associate member you will receive
Complimentary subscriptions to ASH publications, which include
- Blood (online only)*, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology (the ASH Education Program)
- The Hematologist, ASH News and Reports
- ASH NewsLink and TraineE-News
- ASH Clinical News (online only)*
Exclusive annual meeting benefits, which include
- discount on registration
- access to the advance priority housing
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- advance mailing of the preliminary program
Educational resources, which include
- discount on the American Society of Hematology Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
- discounts on small meeting registrations
- discounts on other educational products
Eligibility for and exclusive access to
- ASH awards and grants
- ASH Trainee Council and select ASH Committees
- online ASH member directory
* International Associate members will receive a complimentary online-only subscription to Blood and ASH Clinical News. If you are interested in receiving a print subscription as well, there is an annual postage surcharge of $100 for Blood.
You will pay
$55 annual fee
Prepayment is required to apply for ASH membership. Payment made at the time of online application submission will be applied towards your first year of dues.
Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year, from January 1 to December 31. ASH members are required to renew their memberships for each year in succession. Those who let their memberships lapse must pay their dues for the lapsed year(s) or re-apply according to the schedule below in order to have their memberships reinstated.
ASH International Associate membership applications are considered on a rolling basis. However, please note that it takes 2-3 weeks to process these applications.
Create a new account to apply online. If you already have an account or are an existing applicant, please log in.
You will need the following information in order to complete your application:
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter from your Training Program Director certifying that you are a post-doctoral fellow or trainee, indicating the type of program, and specifying the expected completion date
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the International Associate membership application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 202-292-0250 or mail it to:
back to top
PO Box 251
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701