Any person with a doctoral degree or its equivalent, who has manifested interest in any discipline important to hematology as evidenced by work in the field, original contributions, attendance at meetings concerning hematology, is 65 years and older and has been a member of ASH in good-standing for at least 15 years, is eligible for Emeritus membership.
Individuals who are 65 years of age but have been members for less than 15 years would only become eligible to be awarded Emeritus status in the calendar year following the year in which they have reached 15 years of membership.
An individual’s years as an Associate member count towards the years-of-membership requirement; membership categories which pay no dues (currently Graduate/Medical Student Members, Resident Members, and Honorary Members) do not count towards this requirement.
As an Emeritus member you will receive
Complimentary subscriptions to ASH Publications, which include
- Blood, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology (the ASH Education Program)
- The Hematologist, ASH News and Reports
- ASH NewsLink, monthly e-newsletter of the Society
- ASH Clinical News
Exclusive annual meeting benefits, which include
- preferential registration rates
- access to the advance priority housing
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- advance mailing of the preliminary program
Resources for practitioners, which include
- Consult-a-Colleague service
- listing in the Find-a-Hematologist directory
- more than $100 discount on the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
Eligibility for and exclusive access to
- ASH awards and grants
- advocacy and representation before the U.S. Congress and other government agencies
- discounts on small meeting registrations
- discounts on other educational products
- online ASH member directory
You will pay
$0 annual fee
The Executive Committee considers ASH Emeritus membership applications three times per year. The deadlines for membership applications are March 1, for consideration in the spring, August 1, for consideration in the fall, and October 1, for consideration during the Annual Meeting in December.
Members can request transfer to the status of Emeritus membership by written application to the Secretary of the Society via email@example.com or mail it to:
ASH Membership Department
back to top
2021 L Street, NW, Suite 900
Washington, DC 20036