International Outreach Initiative
Since 1999, ASH has distributed educational materials to hospitals and universities in low and middle income countries through its International Outreach Initiative (IOI). The goal of the IOI is to help address hematology-related needs in developing areas of the world, with regards to research, practice, and training. The ASH International Members Committee oversees the IOI.
Educational materials that are distributed through the IOI include:
- Online access to the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP), Sixth Edition, a comprehensive educational resource that features case studies, key points, and self-test questions and answers
- Online access to Hematology 2015, ASH Education Program, which provides in-depth chapters covering each session presented in the ASH annual meeting Education Program.
- Flash drive of the abstracts from the most recent ASH annual meeting*
- Webcast featuring audio-visual presentations of the Education and Scientific Program sessions from the most recent ASH annual meeting
- Webcast featuring audio-visual presentations from the most recent Highlights of ASH®
- Webcast featuring audio-visual presentations from the most recent ASH® Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies
*While supplies last
An online subscription to Blood, the journal of the American Society of Hematology, is available only through the Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative (HINARI) of the World Health Organization. If you would like to receive free online access to the journal, please visit the HINARI website for eligibility and instructions on how to register your institution.
Apply for the IOI
To apply for the International Outreach Program, please complete the 2017 Application:
2017 Online IOI Application
2017 IOI Application (pdf)
For more information regarding the International Outreach Initiative, please contact:
back to top
International Programs Specialist