ASH Foundation Gifts in Action
Every gift to the ASH Foundation is a vital philanthropic investment in ASH’s mission of helping hematologists conquer blood diseases worldwide. Donations of all amounts help sustain the future of hematology as a vibrant, flourishing career path in both academia and clinical practice. The ultimate beneficiaries of gifts to the ASH Foundation are patients battling blood diseases worldwide.
Your Philanthropic Investments in Action
Through charitable support from the ASH Foundation, ASH is able to enhance and expand important hematology programs and pursue new, visionary initiatives.
Recent examples of ASH Foundation gifts in action include:
- Provided seed money in 2017 to launch the ASH Hematology Workforce Study as part of ASH’s recruitment and retention initiative
- Piloted the Advanced Clinical Research Training Institute in Latin America in 2017
- Provided funding for two online training modules on coagulation and sickle cell disease; launching new web-based tutorials for non-malignant hematology
- Provided support for the International Consortium on Acute Leukemia data managers’ work, which is integral to proper maintenance and integrity of ICAL’s research and data (2017-2018)
- Provided honoraria for patient and family representatives to serve on new sickle cell guideline panels as part of ASH’s comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Initiative
- Funded 19 additional awards for ASH Global Programs, including the Visitor Training Program and Latin American Training Program (2017-2018)
- Funded two additional poster awards for the Global Capacity-Building Showcase at the 2017 ASH Annual Meeting, fostering international collaborations with hematologists from low- and middle-income countries
- Piloted a new Trainee Day focused on clinical research at Highlights of ASH in Asia-Pacific (March 2017)
Help move hematology forward with a charitable gift to the ASH Foundation. Donate securely online or learn about other ways to give.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
back to top