ASH Foundation Gifts in Action
Every gift to the ASH Foundation is a vital philanthropic investment in ASH’s mission of helping hematologists conquer blood diseases worldwide. Donations of all amounts help sustain the future of hematology as a vibrant, flourishing career path in both academia and clinical practice. The ultimate beneficiaries of gifts to the ASH Foundation are patients battling blood diseases worldwide.
Your Philanthropic Investments in Action
ASH-Health Volunteers Overseas participant. Learn more about ASH's Global Programs.
Through charitable support from the ASH Foundation, ASH is able to enhance and expand important hematology programs and pursue new, visionary initiatives.
Recent examples of ASH Foundation gifts in action include:
- ASH Minority Medical Student Award Program (MMSAP): funded seven additional awards in 2018-19
- ASH Global Programs: provided support for two meetings preceding Highlights of ASH in Latin America in April 2018 (the ASH Guidelines Panel on Venous Thromboembolism for Latin America, and a workshop on development of a Latin American hematology registry)
- ASH Hematology Workforce Study: provided seed money to launch a new study in 2017 as part of ASH’s recruitment and retention initiative
- Global Capacity-Building Showcase: funded two additional poster awards at the 2017 ASH Annual Meeting, fostering international collaborations with hematologists from low- and middle-income countries
- Online Training Modules in Non-malignant Hematology: provided funding in 2017 to pilot two new online training modules on coagulation and sickle cell disease
- Honoraria for Patient and Family Representatives: provided honoraria for patient representatives to serve on ASH’s new sickle cell guideline panels as part of ASH’s comprehensive Sickle Cell Disease Initiative
- Abstract Achievement Awards for Trainees From Developing Countries: provided support in 2017 for up to 50 individual recipients
- Advanced Clinical Research Training Institute (CRTI) in Latin America: piloted a new CRTI “boot camp” in 2017
- International Consortium on Acute Leukemia (ICAL): provided support for data managers’ work, which is integral to proper maintenance and integrity of ICAL’s research and data
- ASH Global Programs: more than 20 additional awards/travel stipends provided between 2017 and 2019 for the Visitor Training Program, Latin American Training Program, and Health Volunteers Overseas
- ASH Trainee Day for Clinical Research: piloted in 2017 at Highlights of ASH in Asia-Pacific
Help move hematology forward with a charitable gift to the ASH Foundation. Donate securely online or learn about other ways to give.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
back to top