The ASH Fundamentals for Hematology Fellows (FHF) program provides a cost-effective way for hematology-related fellowship programs to gain access to the Society's products and services. At $125 per fellow, FHF offers program savings of more than $300 per enrolled fellow.
FHF runs from July 1 to June 30. Programs are welcome to enroll at any point; however, ASH does not prorate the cost of FHF enrollment. Additionally, meeting registration fees cannot be adjusted for programs that enroll in FHF after fellows have registered for an ASH meeting, including the ASH annual meeting.
Each fellow enrolled in the FHF program receives:
- ASH Associate membership1, which includes individual subscriptions to Blood, The Hematologist, and Hematology (the ASH Education Program) as well as eligibility to apply for ASH awards. View additional member benefits.
- Online access to the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP), which includes nearly 300 case-based multiple-choice questions grouped into six themed tests, with multimedia and digital elements in select chapters. ASH-SAP tests combine to offer up to 70 continuing medical education (CME) and American Board of Internal Medicine Maintenance of Certification (MOC) points.
- One complimentary ASH meeting registration2 per academic year or access to recorded sessions for one ASH meeting per academic year.
Additionally, program directors3 of fellows enrolled in FHF receive: complimentary registration for the ASH annual meeting2 and digital access to the ASH-SAP, including the CME/MOC tests.
At $125 per fellow, the FHF program offers savings of more than $300 when compared to the cost of purchasing similar products separately using the ASH Associate member discount
(see table below).
|FHF Bundle Cost||Cost to Purchase Products Separately|
|Associate membership ||Included||Associate membership ||$55|
|ASH meeting registration ||Included||Highlights of ASH registration ||$135|
|ASH-SAP, Sixth Edition (digital access)||Included||ASH-SAP, Sixth Edition (digital access)||$250|
|Total Cost: $125||Total Cost: $430|
1Fellows enrolled in FHF are not required to apply for Associate membership separately. ASH will send enrolled fellows a welcome kit as soon as their institution’s FHF enrollment is complete.
2Complimentary registrations are non-transferable and include the core meeting registration only. Eligible meetings include the ASH annual meeting, ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies, and Highlights of ASH in North America.
3If the program director is an oncologist who does not wish to receive the benefits, he or she may transfer all benefits to a key clinical faculty member actively involved in the hematology education of the fellows; this designation should be made when the program registers for the FHF program.
Eligibility and Enrollment
Each April, ASH sends instructions to program* directors and coordinators on how to enroll current (but not graduating that year) and incoming fellows in FHF. Fellowship programs must enroll 100 percent of their fellows in FHF in order to receive the bundle benefits.
Access to FHF benefits July 1 and end June 30 of the following year. Fellows completing the training program in June will receive FHF benefits through December of their graduating year.
For fellows who are already ASH members outside of the FHF program, a refund for the six-month balance of their previously-paid membership dues will be issued and sent to the original payer.
*For the purposes of this message, "program" refers to the fellowship training program in hematology, hematology-oncology, pediatric hematology-oncology, blood banking/transfusion medicine, or hematopathology accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, or the American Osteopathic Association.back to top
How to Register for FHF
Hematology-related fellowship programs may register for FHF through ASH's Trainee Enrollment Center.
Please note that only program coordinators and program directors will have access to registration site. If you are new to your institution or have had a personnel change, please contact the ASH Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure the change is reflected in our debase.
Important FHF Enrollment Information
- Each registration order is associated with an ACGME-accredited program. Please have your program’s ACGME number ready when you begin the enrollment process.
- Please read all the prompts as you go through the registration site. Some pages will only be available the first time you log in to the site.
- Fellowship programs must enroll 100 percent of their fellows in the FHF program in order to receive the bundle benefits. ASH has documented the number of ACGME-approved positions for each program. On the registration page, you will see a table with your program’s filled positions, fellows listed, and remaining positions. You may add more fellows than you have positions for, but you will not be able to complete registration until you fill all allocated positions. If the number of ACGME-approved positions for your program has changed, please email email@example.com so that we can update our database.
- Once registration is finalized, you will not be able to add or cancel any fellow’s registration order. If you need to make any changes to your FHF registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New fellows will have a profile created with ASH upon registration, but web credentials are not created automatically. For assistance, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Payment must be received for all fellows enrolled in the program before FHF enrollment and ASH Associate membership are considered active. Please allow sufficient time for processing to ensure that all memberships are in place when registration for the ASH annual meeting opens in mid-July.back to top
How to Access Your FHF Benefits
ASH Associate Membership
Information about Associate member benefits will be sent via email to each follow enrolled in the FHF program.
- Complimentary publications, including Blood, The Hematologist, and Hematology (the ASH Education Program), will be automatically sent to you.
- To apply for ASH awards, including the Clinical Research Training Institute and Research Training Award for Fellows, please include your ASH member ID number where indicated on the award application.
- To take advantage of member-only services, such as Consult a Colleague, please include your ASH member ID number in the appropriate field when submitting the online Consult-a-Colleague request.
ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
For online access to the ASH-SAP, Sixth Edition, please sign in to the ASH Self-Assessment Program site using your ASH username and password. To access the questions and answers that come with the MOC version of the book, please log in to ASH Academy.
If you are a new fellow, contact email@example.com for login assistance.
Complimentary Meeting Registration
To register for a meeting using this benefit, please make sure you are logged in to the ASH website when you attempt to register. Once you are logged in, the website will automatically recognize that you are enrolled in the FHF program and ask whether or not you want to use your free meeting registration.back to top
For questions about the FHF program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your ACGME number in all communications.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't sign into the registration site.
Your username and/or password may need to be updated. For assistance, please contact ASH Customer Service at email@example.com. If you are a new coordinator, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have a new profile created.
I can’t view certain aspects of the registration site.
Our webpages are browser and firewall sensitive. Please try a different browser if you are having trouble viewing any component of the registration site. If you continue to have trouble, please contact ASH Training Department at email@example.com.
My program information and/or program director’s information is incorrect and it does not show correctly when I try to update it.
Please be assured that your edits are saved in our system, and it may take up to 24 hours for your changes to be reflected on the site. DO NOT update the information multiple times, as it will create multiple records in our database and cause a hiccup in the system.
The number of positions remaining in the system is more than the number of fellows in my program.
There was a mistake in our reporting from the ACGME. This is a simple, quick fix from ASH’s side. To update please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The number of positions remaining in the system is less than the number of fellows in my program.
There is no limit to the amount of fellows you can add to your registration list. To update your number of positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
How do I add a fellow after I have completed my registration order?
Unfortunately, once the registration order is finalized you can no longer add fellows or create a new invoice through the system. To create a separate order for the new addition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Do our fellows get a physical copy of the ASH-SAP?
Enrolled fellows get online-only access to the ASH-SAP, Sixth Edition, through the ASH-SAP website. The physical textbook may be purchased for the Associate member price of $360.
How do my fellows access the digital version of the ASH-SAP?
Your fellows need to log into the ASH Self-Assessment Program site to access their copy of the ASH-SAP. After logging in, click “Chapters” at the top of the page and then click on “Sixth Edition.” A listing of the chapters should become available to read online or download to PDF. If you need assistance with your login information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do my fellows get the Q&A book that typically comes with the print edition of the ASH-SAP?
Yes, instead of a book, your fellows have access to the module containing all the questions in the Q&A book. To access the module, please have your fellows log into the ASH Academy. All of our websites work under single sign on, so if they are logged into the ASH Self-Assessment Program site or hematology.org, they will already be logged into the ASH Academy. Upon logging in, your fellows should see a list of their MOC/CME offerings on their Dashboard. Next to the module entitled ASH-SAP, 6th edition (SAP6_DIGITAL), they will click Go To Module. They will then be able to take the tests associated with each chapter. The chapters are grouped by like topic. If you need assistance with your login information, contact ASH Customer Relations.
My fellow’s membership isn’t showing on their profile on hematology.org.
This may be because the FHF registration order has not been paid yet. Benefits and membership do not become available until the full registration is paid. ASH does not accept individual payments. To check your payment status, please contact your accounts payable department and ASH Customer Service at 866-828-1231 or email@example.com.
Another reason a fellow’s membership may not show up is if the fellows has two programs and the membership is assigned to the one they are not logged into. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
My fellow can’t log into hematology.org or ASH Academy.
The fellow’s web credentials most likely need to be updated, especially if it a new fellow with no prior dealings with ASH. When a new fellow is added, a profile is created in our database but web credentials are not automatically created. Please contact the ASH Training Department at 202-552-4933 or email@example.com, or ASH Customer Service at 866-828-1231 or firstname.lastname@example.org to create/update log-in credentials.
How do the fellows use the complimentary meeting or recorded meeting registration?
back to top
On the respective registration site for the meeting or recorded meeting. There should be a drop down selection menu with FHF comp as an option. Once applied the price should adjust. Please contact ASH Customer Service at email@example.com with any issues.