Honorific Award Nominations
The deadline to submit nominations for the 2017-2018 Honorific Awards cycle has now passed.
Nominations for the ASH Honorific Awards will now be accepted throughout the year. Any nomination submitted prior to the award deadline (July 15, 2017) will be considered for the 2017-2018 review cycle. Nominations submitted after the award deadline will be considered for the following year's review cycle.
- NEW: The Awards Committee has provided clarifying guidance intended to reduce the burden of crafting an effective nomination letter. Please review the below information as well as the Honorific Award Nominations Guidance document.
You can now submit a nomination package online or by email:
If you would like to submit your nomination package online, please complete the steps below:
- A completed nomination form
- A copy of the nominee's current CV and also the nominee’s NIH Biosketch annotated with “Contributions to Science,” if available. Please note that specifically for the Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize a copy of the nominee’s CV or NIH Biosketch is no longer required, but it is strongly encouraged.
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee's contributions to hematology. The nomination letter can summarize the nominee’s accomplishments by referring to the NIH Biosketch. All letters should explain how the nominee’s contributions have advanced the field, and all letters should explain why the nominee deserves the specific ASH Honorific Award.
- Please note that specifically for the Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize we are looking for a topic and two lecturers (basic and clinical/translational), but we will also accept nominations for topics with one name (basic or clinical/translational).
If you are having trouble completing your nomination package online, please email awards@hematology to request assistance. An Awards staff member will be happy to walk you through the process.
If you would prefer to submit your nomination package by email, please complete the following:
- A completed nomination form:
- E. Donnall Thomas Lecture and Prize
- Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize
- Henry M. Stratton Medal
- Leadership in Promoting Diversity (NEW)
- Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology
- William Dameshek Prize
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee's contributions to hematology, including the reason for the nomination
- A copy of the nominee's current CV and also the nominee’s NIH Biosketch annotated with Contributions to Science, if available. Please note that specifically for the Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize a copy of the nominee’s CV or NIH Biosketch is no longer required, but it is strongly encouraged.
Completed forms should be sent via e-mail, along with the above checklist materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Both nominees and nominators for the Dameshek Prize, Stratton Medal, and Thomas Lecture must be members of ASH. If you are not a member of ASH, you may apply today to join our global community of hematologists.
- Nominees and nominators for the Beutler Lecture and Prize and Wallace H. Coulter Award do not need to be members of ASH for a nominee to be considered.
- Nominees of all nationalities and all countries of residence are eligible.
- Self-nominations and posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Past recipients are not eligible for the same award twice.
- Recipients may only receive one of the following awards per year: Mentor Awards, Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology, Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize, William Dameshek Prize, Henry M. Stratton Medal, and E. Donnall Thomas Lecture and Prize, and the ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity.
- Voting members of the ASH Executive Committee and the ASH Awards Committee are ineligible for an honorific award during their tenure.
|2017-2018 Honorific Award Nomination and Review Cycle|
|Nomination deadline ||July 15, 2017 |
|Notification of awards for 2017 recipients||February 2018 |
|Presentation of awards for 2017 recipients ||December 2018 |
For more information or questions about the Honorific Awards, please contact ASH Awards, at email@example.com, or by phone at 202-776-0544.
back to top