Nominations for the ASH Honorific Awards are accepted throughout the year. Please keep the key dates and deadlines below in mind when preparing a nomination package.
back to top
|Nomination Deadline for 2019 Honorific Awards||July 16, 2018, 11:59 p.m. Pacific time|
|Award Notification for 2018 Recipients||March 2018|
|Presentation of Awards for 2018 Recipients||December 2018|
- Both nominees and nominators for the following awards must be members of ASH. Not an ASH member? Apply today.
- William Dameshek Prize
- Henry M. Stratton Medal
- E. Donnall Thomas Lecture
- Nominators for the ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity must be members of ASH. Nominees do not need to be ASH members.
- Nominees and nominators for the Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize and for the Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology do not need to be members of ASH for a nominee to be considered.
- Nominees of all nationalities and all countries of residence are eligible.
back to top
- Self-nominations and posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Past recipients are not eligible for the same award they received previously.
- Recipients may only receive one of the following awards per year: Mentor Award, Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology, Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize, William Dameshek Prize, Henry M. Stratton Medal, and E. Donnall Thomas Lecture and Prize, and the ASH Award for Leadership in Promoting Diversity.
- Voting members of the ASH Executive Committee and the ASH Awards Committee are ineligible for an Honorific Award during their tenure.
How to Submit a Nomination
You may submit a nomination package online or by email. For online submissions, please use the ASH awards portal. For email submissions, send all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before getting started, please review the Honorific Award Nominations Guidance document, which provides detailed information about each award and guidance on crafting an effective nomination letter.
The following documents are required in order to submit a nomination package:
- A completed nomination form; if submitting your package by email, please use the forms below:
- A copy of the nominee's current CV and a copy of the nominee's NIH biosketch annotated with “Contributions to Science,” if available
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee's contributions to hematology, explaining how those contributions have advanced the field, and describing why the nominee deserves the specific Honorific Award (please refer to the Honorific Award Nominations Guidance document for recommendations on writing an effective nomination letter)
Submit online Submit by email
If you are having trouble completing your nomination package online, please email email@example.com to request assistance. An Awards Department staff member will be happy to walk you through the process.back to top
For more information or questions about the Honorific Awards, please contact the ASH Awards Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top