The 2018 application cycle is now closed.
The Advanced Clinical Research Training Institute (CRTI) in Latin America is designed to provide ongoing training and mentorship for graduates of the CRTI in Latin America program. Advanced CRTI in Latin America focuses on continuing to improve skills and knowledge through workshops and one-on-one faculty meetings. Select participants are also encouraged to stay on to be faculty mentors for CRTI in Latin America, which is held each year in April the two days prior to Highlights of ASH in Latin America.
ASH provides accepted participants with free housing and travel. There is no fee to apply.
As a participant, you will:
- Continue to strengthen the clinical trial design and execution skills gained from your experience in the CRTI in Latin America program
- Develop a deeper understanding of observational trial design and begin to develop and execute an observational study of your own
- Meet one-on-one with program faculty to receive individualized feedback
- Collaborate with a faculty mentor during the workshop and throughout the year to advance proposed project
- Continue networking with colleagues from previous classes and experts in the field
- Have the opportunity to stay involved with ASH as a faculty mentor for CRTI in Latin America
back to top
|Application Available||September 7, 2017|
|Application Deadline||October 30, 2017|
|Finalists Notified||January 2018|
|Workshop in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||April 23-24, 2018|
The one-and-a-half-day workshop will focus on observational trial design and helping participants to design and execute an observational study in their context. The subject of the workshop will change each year and will be dictated by preferences expressed by CRTI in Latin America graduates.
Participants will work with a faculty mentor throughout the year to advance their project. Mentors will also provide valuable insight and help participants navigate leadership challenges that may arise.
2017 Advanced CRTI in Latin America Curriculumback to top
At the time of application, the applicant must:
back to top
- Have previously participated in the Clinical Research Training Institute in Latin America
- Be a clinician (medical doctor, nurse, psychologist, etc.) with a clinical practice in benign or malignant hematology
- A clinical practice exclusively in solid tumors is not appropriate.
- Research interests focused exclusively on laboratory based research are not appropriate.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be a fellow or have a current faculty appointment within 15 years from the first faculty appointment in a division or department of hematology or oncology in Latin America
- Be a physician from one of the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
All applications must be submitted electronically through the ASH online awards portal and must include the required documents listed below.
- Applicant’s research question (a complete protocol is not required to apply or to be accepted to Advanced CRTI in Latin America)
- Applicant’s curriculum vitae (maximum five pages), which should include the applicant’s complete contact information, description of the applicant’s present faculty position (including title of the position and major responsibilities), prior training in clinical research (if any), publications, list of trainees the applicant has mentored and their current position (if any), and any other relevant information specific to the applicant’s career in clinical research. For a detailed guide on how to build a curriculum vitae, watch our webinar "How to Develop a CV”.
- Applicant’s goals for attendance (one to two paragraphs). The applicant should state how attendance at CRTI in Latin America will enhance his/her career.
Any submission that does not follow the application requirements, is not formatted correctly, is lacking information, has incorrect information, or is lacking required documents may be deemed ineligible and may not be reviewed by the study section. There will be no appeals or consideration for further review once an application has been determined to be ineligible.back to top
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a study section, and the top 10 qualified candidates will be selected to attend.
The selection criteria include:
back to top
- Meet application eligibility requirements.
- Demonstrate the potential to develop and sustain an investigator-initiated clinical research career in hematology. This will be adjudicated based upon the CV and goals for attendance.
back to top
- Selected participants must agree to attend both days of the workshop as well as the reception immediately following.
- Those selected will be responsible for making arrangements with their institution to attend the Advanced CRTI in Latin America program.
For questions regarding the Advanced Clinical Research Training Institute in Latin America, please contact the ASH Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top
Other International Programs
- 2018 Highlights of ASH® in Latin America
Attend Highlights of ASH to evaluate your diagnostic techniques and therapeutic approaches and to discuss with leading hematology experts and colleagues how new research and clinical updates can be translated into new patient care strategies.
- Global Initiatives
ASH provides a wide array of educational opportunities to hematologists in research and practice around the world.