There is so much to experience in San Diego, the hardest part of planning a trip to “America’s Finest City” is deciding what to do, where to go, and what to see. Start planning your trip!
San Diego has more than 300 days of sunshine per year and offers every kind of activity imaginable. You are sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire in San Diego, including:
- More than 70 miles of Pacific Ocean beaches
- Balboa Park, the largest urban cultural park in the United States, which contains the world-famous San Diego Zoo, more than 15 museums, and a variety of gardens
- Old Town, considered the birthplace of California
- More than 100 dining options within walking distance from the convention center
Sessions will occur at the San Diego Convention Center, the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina, and the Manchester Grand Hyatt.
Key meeting areas at the San Diego Convention Center will be located as follows:
back to top
- Registration: Sails Pavilion, Upper Level
- ASH Central: Sails Pavilion, Upper Level
- General Sessions: Halls A-B, Ground Level
- Exhibit Hall: Halls C-F and Lobby D, Ground Level
- Poster Hall: Halls G-H, Ground Level
December in San Diego is typically quite pleasant, with warm and mildly humid weather. Temperatures in December typically range from 48 degrees Fahrenheit to 65 degrees Fahrenheit.back to top
Air Travel and Discounts
EWA Travel, Inc. is the official travel agency for the 2018 ASH Annual Meeting in San Diego. Attendee reservations will be e-ticketed and each attendee will receive an emailed invoice and e-ticket receipt. (A service fee is assessed for reservations/ticketing.)
EWA Travel, Inc.
Phone: 800-705-8580 - U.S. (toll free)
520-797-0291 - Canada (toll free)
1-703-522-2626 - International
Agents are available for reservations from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
United Airlines and Delta Airlines in cooperation with ASH and EWA Travel, are offering special airfare rates for ASH annual meeting attendees, reflecting discounts of up to 10 percent off published fares. To receive these special fares, you must reference the special offer codes below when making reservations.
EWA will compare the discounts offered by United and Delta with other airlines to provide the best fare options based on individual travel needs.
To take advantage of these special fares, contact EWA Travel using one of the methods listed above.
You may also book your travel with United or Delta directly using one of the options below.
back to top
Phone: 800-426-1122 (U.S. and Canada toll free )
Offer Code: ZF7B (if booking by phone)
ZF7B989461 (if booking online)
A service fee is assessed by United for phone reservations/ticketing.
Phone: 800-328-1111 (U.S. and Canada toll free )
Offer Code: NMRYW (if booking by phone or online)
A service fee is assessed by Delta for phone reservations/ticketing.
The area's public bus system has routes serviced throughout San Diego. To plan your journey and obtain the latest fares, visit http://www.sdmts.com/.
If you are staying in or around downtown San Diego, Mission Valley, or just east of the city, the iconic bright red trolley is a great choice. The San Diego Trolley provides convenient services from key locations including the Santa Fe Depot and the San Diego Convention Center, crisscrossing through downtown and out to Old Town, Mission Valley, El Cajon, and Santee.
There are three trolley lines (Blue, Orange, and Green) that service the downtown San Diego communities and beyond, covering 51 miles of track and 53 stations total. Fares run from $1.50 to $3 one-way. Trolleys run an average of every 15 minutes, 7 minutes during peak, and 30 minutes during off-peak hours. For current information on Trolley Service, visit http://www.sdmts.com/.
A taxi ride from the airport to the convention center area averages $15, with taxis in general costing about $3 per mile.back to top
Hertz is offering special rental car rates for ASH annual meeting attendees, including unlimited mileage. Rates are available from November 30 through December 09. Meeting rates are subject to availability.
Advance reservations are recommended, and blackout dates may apply. Government surcharges, taxes, tax reimbursement, airport related fees, vehicle licensing fees, and optional items, such as refueling or additional driver fees, are extra. Minimum rental age is 20 (age differential charge for 20 to 24 applies). Standard rental conditions and qualifications apply. Vehicles can be returned to most Southern California locations.
Reservations can be made from all metro San Diego Hertz locations, online at www.hertz.com, or by calling 800-654-2240 (U.S. only) or 1-405-749-4434 (international and Canada).
Be sure to mention CV# 022L5282 when booking your rental to obtain meeting rates.
back to top
|A - Economy||$39||$19||$169|
|B - Compact||$42||$21||$174|
|C - Mid-Size||$45||$23||$184|
|D - Standard 2/4 DR||$49||$25||$194|
|F - Full-Size 4 DR||$55||$33||$205|
|Q4 - Mid-Size SUV||$62||$62||$299|
|G - Premium||$69||$69||$345|
|I - Luxury||$89||$89||$399|
|L - Standard SUV||$74||$74||$339|
|R - Minivan||$79||$79||$399|
|U - Convertible||$75||$75||$413|
|T - Large SUV||$115||$115||$549|
|T6 - PRM XCAP SUV||$130||$130||$715|
On-site parking for private vehicles is available at the San Diego Convention Center’s 1,950-vehicle garage located below the building. Enter the parking garage on Harbor Drive between 1st Avenue and 5th Avenue. Daily rates range from $15 to $35 and are due upon entry with no in and out privileges.
Off-site parking is available at numerous nearby parking lots and garages in downtown San Diego, many of which are within walking distance of the convention center.
For detailed parking information, visit http://visitsandiego.com/location.back to top
Shuttle Bus Service
ASH will provide complimentary shuttle service between most hotels in the ASH housing block and the San Diego Convention Center. Shuttles will run during the hours listed below. Service frequency will vary throughout the day. Look for detailed shuttle bus schedules in your hotel lobby.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
|Friday, November 30||6:30 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.|
|Saturday, December 1||6:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Sunday, December 2||6:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Monday, December 3||6:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday, December 4||6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
Service will not be provided for the following hotels as they are within walking distance of the convention center:
back to top
- Courtyard San Diego Downtown Gaslamp Quarter
- Hard Rock Hotel San Diego
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Hotel Indigo San Diego
- Hotel Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel
- Hotel Z
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- Omni San Diego
- Pendry San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
To stay safe during your visit to San Diego, please follow the tips provided below:
back to top
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
- Be aware of the train and trolley tracks across the street from the convention center. Be sure to stop and look both ways before crossing the street, and only cross if the tracks are clear.
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.