The most difficult part of planning a trip to “America’s Finest City” is deciding what to do, where to go, and what to see. San Diego has more than 300 days of sunshine per year and offers every kind of activity imaginable. You are sure to find a host of things to entertain and inspire, including:
- More than 70 miles of Pacific Ocean beaches
- Balboa Park, the largest urban cultural park in the United States, which contains the world-famous San Diego Zoo, more than 15 museums, and a variety of gardens
- Old Town, considered the birthplace of California
- More than 100 dining options within walking distance from the convention center
Please check back in early- to mid-2018 for detailed travel information, including air travel discounts, parking and car rental information, shuttle bus service schedules, and more.
Sessions will occur at the San Diego Convention Center. Maps of the convention center, including key meeting areas, will be made available closer to meeting.back to top
To stay safe during your visit to San Diego, please follow the tips provided below:
back to top
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for the hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office. Do not leave valuables in your car.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.
- Remove your ASH meeting badge when exploring the city.
December in San Diego is usually very pleasant with warm and mildly humid weather. Temperatures in December typically range from 48 degrees Farenheit to 65 degrees Farenheit.
back to top
- Registration Information
ASH annual meeting registration information, including fees, key dates and deadlines, special registration instructions, and more
- Hotel Information
ASH annual meeting housing information, including official hotels, reservation information, group housing, and cancellation policies
- Government Concierge
A concierge established to assist federal employees attending the ASH annual meeting with attendance requests and applications
- Attendee Resources
ASH annual meeting resources for attendees, including trainees, parents, first-time attendees, and persons with disabilities